Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wrong Wires Spec'ed

Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    Thanks everyone. Can you explain a little more about the neutral. I'd like to be clear so I understand and can explain myself. Not clear on how your saying the neutral is "derived". Thanks.
    I never mentioned " derived". I was saying that the white pigtail on the breaker must be hooked up to the neutral bar for the breaker to work, but a neutral conductor does not need to be ran to the load.

I erred earlier by saying to run a line side neutral, when that is what the white pigtail is.
    "Electricity is really just organized lightning." George Carlin

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by jumper View Post
    I never mentioned " derived". I was saying that the white pigtail on the breaker must be hooked up to the neutral bar for the breaker to work, but a neutral conductor does not need to be ran to the load.

I erred earlier by saying to run a line side neutral, when that is what the white pigtail is.

Thanks. Just not familiar with the white pigtail on breaker. Never heard of that. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    Thanks. Just not familiar with the white pigtail on breaker. Never heard of that. Thanks again.
    It adds $165 to the cost of the breaker.

https://www.google.com/search?q=GFEP...81158146730768

Quote Originally Posted by jumper View Post

Unless you have a plug on neutral style
    Thoughn EPD's may not be available in plug on neutral.

OP didn't make it clear if the EPD is at the supply or load end of the conductors in question. If EPD is on the supply end no neutral is needed if the load doesn't utilize a neutral. If the EPD has a "line side neutral connection" then it likely needs a neutral supplied to it because the electronics within operate at 120 volts. Don't know what is common for EPD's but there are GFCI breakers that are straight 240 volts with no neutral terminal or pigtail.