How to identify Emergency Electrical Outlets that aren't red

Status
Not open for further replies.

under8ed

I have not had good luck with cheap live circuit tracers in large buildings that have a lot of electronic loads interfering with the tracers.
But I have not tried the one you show.What types of locations are you using this one in?

A large manufacturing facility, (nearly a million sq ft) with many of the loads you describe. There have been a very few instances of that type interaction. When this does occur, you are not mislead.. it is obvious there is interference and you know another method is needed.

I suspect the Klein model posted uses the same circuitry, reviews on Amazon reveal the same method of use. The Klein maybe built tougher. I see there is a trade off for the brand name though, they omitted the other features of the Extech model. The Klein reviews also mention a problem with the power switch that the other does not have.

Last edited:

iwire

Staff member
A large manufacturing facility, (nearly a million sq ft) with many of the loads you describe. There have been a very few instances of that type interaction. When this does occur, you are not mislead.. it is obvious there is interference and you know another method is needed.

Well maybe I have to try one.

I have not been mislead, it just simple would not show up at all.

Cavie

Don't just paint the plates, Install red recps. Some idiot director will come by and tell someone to get rid of the ugly red plates. Also buy a receptical tension tester while your there to satisfy ARCA rules and regulations.

kwired

Electron manager
Don't just paint the plates, Install red recps. Some idiot director will come by and tell someone to get rid of the ugly red plates. Also buy a receptical tension tester while your there to satisfy ARCA rules and regulations.
What is to stop the director from wanting to replace the red receptacles? At some point someone needs to set it straight what the identification method is all about regardless of what that method may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.