Which is the best portable generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickleclarck

New User
:) Hello everyone, I have need a 2000 watt portable generator for my home. I want to know which is best and where I can found that? If you have any suggestion please tell in order to help me.
Thanks in advance!

buzzbar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Honda, no question, I have the eu2000.
I also strongly recommend the Honda eu2000. It's starts EVERY time, is quiet as a mouse, and can be daisy-chained together if needed for more capacity. Do yourself a favor, and get one. You won't regret it.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
:) Hello everyone, I have need a 2000 watt portable generator for my home. I want to know which is best and where I can found that? If you have any suggestion please tell in order to help me.
Thanks in advance!

honda eu2000. i've had one five years. they rock.
the 3000 watt one has electric start and a bit more beans....
i'd probably get that one.

and you can pair two of them together with a sync cable.
they have to be identical models however.

stevenje

Thanks in advance!

Pay the price and go with a Honda. Starts every time, runs smooth and is easy on the ears.

templdl

As the others have said Honda is an excellent engine., both quiet and reliable.
If you look closely at the valve cover it will show OHC and not just OHV which is for overhead cam the only small engine that I have seen designed with it which I believe is one of the features that allows it to be both reliable and quiet as the can drives the rockerarms for the valves directly. The common OHV engine uses pushrods driven by a camshaft to move the rockerarms.
Take a look at the choke system as most that I have seen on Honda engines are initiated with a lever above the carb that you activate manually and it gradually opens by itself after the engine starts which is fairly foolproof and less likely to cause flooding.

Status
Not open for further replies.