Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Readily acceptable GFCI protection/breaker size question.

What? 6 recept's with two being ceiling mounted for garage door openers and two E12 light sockets?

15A

And just for the record I have argued against outdoor panels for a long time, especially now that we have arc fault breakers containing electronics. They are bad enough as it is, what happens when they are exposed to moisture? But unfortunately the Code allows panels to be located outside.

-Hal
    Last edited by hbiss; 12-06-17 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarroll View Post
    And snow
    I know in some areas of the country it is common practice to install panels outside, but by definition, if you have to shovel a path or climb around or through mounds of snow, I would not consider this readily accessible. The lock would not be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by hbiss View Post
    What? 6 recept's with two being ceiling mounted for garage door openers and two E12 light sockets?

15A

And just for the record I have argued against outdoor panels for a long time, especially now that we have arc fault breakers containing electronics. They are bad enough as it is, what happens when they are exposed to moisture? But unfortunately the Code allows panels to be located outside.

-Hal
    Without knowing the size of the garage door operators that is hard to determine. However, depending on what revision of code your municipality has adopted, you may be required to have at least one 20 amp circuit to your garage. If there's a chance that both openers could be used at the same time, you could have too much load for one circuit.

2 circuits, one for the garage door(20a) and the other for the lights (15 or 20a)

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I am sorry but you are not an electrician and forum rules do not allow questions of the diy nature. I am closing the thread. I allowed the thread in the beginning just as an informational thread but now it is looking like these are diy questions.
    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky