Status
Not open for further replies.

DrSparks

The Everlasting Know-it-all!
Occupation
Master Electrician and General Contractor
Doesn't the HH mean High Heat?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Yup. Thermoplastic High Heat Nylon-coated. Rated for operating at 90*C. The W rating makes it liquid impermeable. If you look at a piece of THHN wire it will usually have both THHN and THWN on it.

kwired

Electron manager
I would say yes to any portion of it that houses plants.

Yes of course, bathrooms, offices, storage rooms etc.

Did anyone say it was?

NEC may not consider it a wet location. But, when it looks like a giant swamp cooler, and has at least 50% humidity, and a 4 X 30 linear foot wet wall should it be qualified as a wet location?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
Maybe we need to define green house.

If it is a plant production area - more of it is more likely to have wet locations.

Many retail stores have so called "green houses" that are open on a seasonal basis around here, but they are primarily displaying potted plants that are for sale, they don't generally spray water throughout the entire facility, any wiring on the ceiling may seldom if ever get wet.

50% is not high humidity - unless you are in Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada southern California. I'd love to see 50% everyday in July or August in the midwest, so would those in the southeast and on west to Texas. Maybe is some relief toward the northeast, but I bet still is pretty humid at times.

Didn't look before replying - I see you are from Arizona. Ever been to southeast or midwest in July or August?

Status
Not open for further replies.