Thread: Bus duct VD calculation

Bus duct VD calculation

I'm calculating VD on a bus duct.
    The run is 400ft,
    At 275ft there is a meter bank another one at 350ft and lastly one at 400ft.
    With the various online calculators there are 2 options , distributed load & concentrated load.
    I'm thinking that I should be working of distributed load whereas others think I should be using concentrated load to the 1st set of meter banks & segmented loads after that.
    This makes a big difference as VD is halved if I can use the distributed load.
    Which table should I use?
    cmac1

If you are being cost conscious, distributed is fine. Conservatively, you’d use concentrated at end of run.

to get the most accurate voltage drop, use the concentrated load and figure each section of bus duct individually, and add the results.

mcelweec

"With the various online calculators there are 2 options , distributed load & concentrated load."

Would you please post some "LINKS" or name the sites for a few of these calculators.

Quote Originally Posted by MyCleveland View Post
    mcelweec

"With the various online calculators there are 2 options , distributed load & concentrated load."

Would you please post some "LINKS" or name the sites for a few of these calculators.
    http://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/publ.../ct_152882.xls

Thank you