Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: T12 lamp phase out?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    104

    T12 lamp phase out?

    I thought t12 lamps were being phased out starting back in 2012? I figured by now the phase out would have been complete and you would no longer be able to find them. Anyone have any idea of when they will no longer be available?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Placerville, CA, USA
    Posts
    18,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustwin351 View Post
    I thought t12 lamps were being phased out starting back in 2012? I figured by now the phase out would have been complete and you would no longer be able to find them. Anyone have any idea of when they will no longer be available?
    I don't recall that. I would expect manufacture of T12 fixtures to be phased out first though.

    It looks like HighOutput and HighCRI T12s are still being manufactured, and there may be limited old stock of other types.

    https://insights.regencylighting.com...ontinued-tubes

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    13,026
    I would have to find the exact info, but basically T-12s are pretty much limited to resi applications.
    "Electricity is really just organized lightning." George Carlin


    Derek

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDigger View Post
    I don't recall that. I would expect manufacture of T12 fixtures to be phased out first though.

    It looks like HighOutput and HighCRI T12s are still being manufactured, and there may be limited old stock of other types.

    https://insights.regencylighting.com...ontinued-tubes

    Good point, although I was at HD today and they are still selling new t12 fixtures.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    13,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustwin351 View Post
    Good point, although I was at HD today and they are still selling new t12 fixtures.
    Does not apply to resi, the main focus of sales at a big box store.

    Just google T-12 phase out.Tons of info, too much for me to type.
    "Electricity is really just organized lightning." George Carlin


    Derek

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •