Identifying high magnetic electrical field

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was working in a building with a suspected high electromagnetic fields, and wanted to see if there is any research or expert evidence supporting this, due to the severe effect it had on me.

I have a friend who can measure outside the building various frequencies and fields, but it is nearly impossible to get back inside. I can get a copy of the architectural plans, though barely understand them.

The room I was in had an electrical and a computer closet for that floor (3rd), and 8 computers, initially the huge old monitors, then switching to LCD. The computers would often give out, the older ones often had visual monitor problems. The room got exceedingly hot as the day wore on, and seemed harder to handle after a few months, and when the heating system started in December.

Any research or other papers or expert info on this? Is there a way to calculate the fields by looking at the architectural plans with electrical closet information?

iwire

Staff member
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC? Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.