Quote Originally Posted by gar View Post
171228-2351 EST

sundowner:

The 920 can tolerate sustained latch or unlatch signals. It is not necessary to use pulsed control signals. The 920 automatically turns a sustained input input signal into a pulse of a maximum duration it controls. Thus, it does not require a sustained control signal which would waste power. And/or it allows a way to get high mechanical force internally without high sustained external power. And/or it does not require you to supply a controlled pulse signal to prevent burnout of an internal component.

If the old 925 works the same way, then a SPDT contact in a remote switch can control the 925. This may require large wires if the distance is great. If that is the case, then a single small relay with a SPDT contact can be used as a pilot control. ASCO makes small boards for that purpose as shown in the literature.

If building automation exists, utilizing a simple AI to control a three wire- CO, where one is common and the other two are on/off.

Assuming you have a status input from a photocell or other device, such as manual override, your cost saves on exterior lighting, just in energy, could help justify future upgrades as required.

I was fortunate enough to revamp an older P&S multiple panel interior and exterior lighting control system to a GE component only swap. The easiest part was, integrating photocell control, adding a couple points to the automation, i.e. day/night, pulse on/off and tracking energy saves.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk