Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Exam testing in California

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    bakersfield california
    Posts
    5

    Exam testing in California

    Hello guys,
    I have a question for anyone that can relate, I'm in the process of getting ready to test for my license.
    i have the hours and requirements, now do i get the hours from my employers or get them straight from social security?
    and mail them straight with the application?


    sorry for the noob question..

    thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    You will need to go to the SS office and get a certified copy. You to pay for it and mail it in with the app. I have heard that sometimes getting a non certified copy, which is free is accepted but they mad me provide a certified copy

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Posts
    2,692
    Quote Originally Posted by solis View Post
    You will need to go to the SS office and get a certified copy. You to pay for it and mail it in with the app. I have heard that sometimes getting a non certified copy, which is free is accepted but they mad me provide a certified copy
    I'm not a CA guy so I may not understand their requirements. How does a SSA statement document work hours? They only track $. And it would not indicate what you did. What am I missing here?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA (19 Hrs. 22 Min. from Winged Horses)
    Posts
    6,659
    Quote Originally Posted by texie View Post
    I'm not a CA guy so I may not understand their requirements. How does a SSA statement document work hours? They only track $. And it would not indicate what you did. What am I missing here?
    you have to document your hours worked.

    union affiliation usually makes that pretty easy, as they
    can document all that.
    ~New signature under construction.~
    ~~~~Please excuse the mess.~~~~

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    bakersfield california
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by solis View Post
    You will need to go to the SS office and get a certified copy. You to pay for it and mail it in with the app. I have heard that sometimes getting a non certified copy, which is free is accepted but they mad me provide a certified copy

    Thank you for your response, yes i did that today, 115$ is the fee for anyone that wants to know.
    now on the application a)2 where says to enter actual hours of work but not more than the maximum
    did you just come up with numbers or how did u fill those out?

    https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/ecu/Elec...cationForm.pdf

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,737
    I would think that the pay stubs would work fine. As well as your general journeymans certificate showing the number of years.

  7. #7
    I just filled them out to match the categories, and not be more than the SSA showed worked. It was fine.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,737
    That link showed is for Electrician certification not a License. You cannot work on your own for yourself.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    bakersfield california
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierrasparky View Post
    That link showed is for Electrician certification not a License. You cannot work on your own for yourself.
    Yes, will give you a journeymen card but not a C-10..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    bakersfield california
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierrasparky View Post
    That link showed is for Electrician certification not a License. You cannot work on your own for yourself.
    Yes, will give you a journeymen card but not a C-10..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •