VAV disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atxrl1983

I was wondering what type of disconnect is needed for a VAV. Does it have to be a motor rated switch or can it be a regular 20a commercial grade switch. I know a disconnect is required. Just not sure if it is considered a motor. Any input will help. Thanks

liquidtite

I was wondering what type of disconnect is needed for a VAV. Does it have to be a motor rated switch or can it be a regular 20a commercial grade switch. I know a disconnect is required. Just not sure if it is considered a motor. Any input will help. Thanks[/QUOTE

most of the vav's I have feed with power usually have the disconnecting means built internally in the unit so you don't have to install a disconect means .

if the unit does not have a disconect put 4" square box with a regular 20i commercial grade switch .

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I was wondering what type of disconnect is needed for a VAV. Does it have to be a motor rated switch or can it be a regular 20a commercial grade switch. I know a disconnect is required. Just not sure if it is considered a motor. Any input will help. Thanks
If the VAV is 240V or 208V, just make sure that you use a properly rated two pole switch, since all ungrounded conductors need to be disconnected simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.