Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suspending Conduit vertically for camera pendants

I have used that clamp and do not like it. It does not hold well I would prefer to bend a 90 at the top and use 2 pieces of strut and strut clamps. or use two of these.
    Last edited by Little Bill; 01-03-18 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Spelling and Image placement

I have used a similar clamp with rigid conduit, worked just fine.
    Moderator-Washington State
    Ancora Imparo

I think it's going to look like hell with no way to adjust whether the conduit is plumb. That's why the swivel is the way to go.

Wasn't there a threaded eye to go on the end of a threaded conduit? Would be easier for low voltage like this. Just hang it from a hook and run your cable up and out of the eye.

ETA- like this only not decorative or that price. http://www.mylampparts.com/Products/...__SL18196.aspx
    -Hal
    Last edited by hbiss; 01-03-18 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hbiss View Post
    I think it's going to look like hell with no way to adjust whether the conduit is plumb. That's why the swivel is the way to go.

Wasn't there a threaded eye to go on the end of a threaded conduit? Would be easier for low voltage like this. Just hang it from a hook and run your cable up and out of the eye.

ETA- like this only not decorative or that price. http://www.mylampparts.com/Products/...__SL18196.aspx
    -Hal
    I think the OP is trying to accomplish hanging the conduit but doesn't want to thread/re-thread it after it's cut to length.

The 90* clamps mentioned work ok, but I would hang a piece of strut and use strut straps

I think the OP is trying to accomplish hanging the conduit but doesn't want to thread/re-thread it after it's cut to length.
    Kinda a** backwards to cut and tread the pipe then try to figure out if that clamp is a good way to support it. Wouldn't of taken that much more to thread the top end also while he was setup for cutting/threading even if he didn't use it for support. Nice to screw a bushing onto.

-Hal

Quote Originally Posted by hbiss View Post
    Kinda a** backwards to cut and tread the pipe then try to figure out if that clamp is a good way to support it. Wouldn't of taken that much more to thread the top end also while he was setup for cutting/threading even if he didn't use it for support. Nice to screw a bushing onto.
    I don't follow. I was assuming the conduits have been cut with a saw, not a threading machine. Seems like trying to figure out a way to thread it later is a significant task.

Quote Originally Posted by BastionSecurity View Post
    All cameras will be hanging above conveyor belts so nothing will have the ability to hit the pipe. I didn't want to use the swivel plate because that means I will have to re-thread 100 pieces that I cut to length. Has anyone here used the clamp I posted a picture of. Thanks
    How do you have an 18' rigid pipe without threads at either end?
    The world is round, you will get there no matter what path you take.

Quote Originally Posted by rlundsrud View Post
    How do you have an 18' rigid pipe without threads at either end?
    Wouldn't he have the threaded end at the camera, a coupling between a 10' factory piece and an 8' piece, and a cut end at the top?

Also, there are 20' sticks of threaded RMC available.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Wouldn't he have the threaded end at the camera, a coupling between a 10' factory piece and an 8' piece, and a cut end at the top?
    That's what I picture as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post

Also, there are 20' sticks of threaded RMC available.
    Then he could reverse it and put the threaded end at the top with the swivel and use a no thread coupling at the camera. It wouldn't weigh enough to require threads.
    The world is round, you will get there no matter what path you take.