Fluorescent lamp storage on bucket truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Can anyone point me towards a solution for storaging fluorescent lamps on a bucket truck?

Looking to store at least up to 72"; if i could also store 96" that would be nice.

we can store up to 42" HO lamps in the side bins ok but i need something that i can mount that will hold the 60"-72" lamps without worrying too much about them shattering.

Thanks.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Can anyone point me towards a solution for storaging fluorescent lamps on a bucket truck?

Looking to store at least up to 72"; if i could also store 96" that would be nice.

we can store up to 42" HO lamps in the side bins ok but i need something that i can mount that will hold the 60"-72" lamps without worrying too much about them shattering.

Thanks.
For a small number, consider putting split foam pipe insulation around them

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
ideally, it should be carrying 6-12 of each size every day. . . .

i'm thinking maybe just a large storage box on top and put the cardboard boxes they come in inside there?

SignDr

I store several hundred fluorescent lamps on my truck, between F18 and F120. All my lamps are T12's because I service signs, but T8's would ride just as safe in these little jewels. These are the lamp safety tubes that are required in some locations. The trick is to have a small piece of foam forced into the tube so that the open space in the tube matches the lamp length. The lamps in the picture are F108's, 117's & 120's. The aluminum box is 10 ft long, 22" wide and 12" tall. The box on the other side of the truck holds F72's, F84's and F96's. Each size lamp has 2 rows of storage, 23 lamps each size, 69 lamps per box.The 10' box minus the 8' lamps leaves almost 4 sq feet of space in the box front. We use that to store deep cycle batteries.

That's only 138 lamps, and I said hundreds (more than 200) :D lol... There is a crossover box which has 36 tubes (4w by 9h) with everything from F64's down to F18's. These are mixed and matched to get the most storage of lamps in a single tube along with what is most likely to be needed.

Some other handy things about these boxes are that you can store the old lamps till ready to dispose of them at your place or a recycler if needed. We also store a ground round, 4' drill bit extensions, umbrella, letter changing pole and such as needed. We've never had a lamp break in these. Just don't toss an F72 into the 120 spot, tricky to get out !!! :happyno:

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more info...

Attachments

• Lamp Box.jpg
    Lamp Box.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Lamp Tubes.jpg
    Lamp Tubes.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.