What do you wish all apprentices knew on their first day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
Leave the dad gummed cell phone at home!!

I really like #4 part about find something to do. It should stand as its own separate item. This is something everyone should learn from apprentice to foreman and up. And the other suggestion leave the cell phone in the vehicle is another. that is extremely important in this day and age.

templdl

That electric power is very often not forgiving and it should be taken seriously. It is imperative that they have a knowledge of safe electrical practices and procedures and to take then seriously making them a habit. As such such procedures are to be automatic.

John120/240

Show up on time!!!!

Ditto & Not hungover, Plus stay out of jail. Worked with three guys all pretty decent workers. These three from time to time all spent time in jail. When they were out the topic of conversation was " How were the accommodations in that jail, They had really good food in this one, Know a good lawyer"

electricalist

This field requires hard work as much as understanding of how it works, so today your gonna work hard but the more you can learn and apply the better it gets.

J.P.

What I wish an apprentice knew on his first day?

Everything.

Want to work
want to learn
want to do the best job they can
want to clean up after themselves
want to have a career not just a check

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
How to follow directions. Including what I mean when I say, "Go down there and listen for the snake and let me know when it's close to the hole." Instead of them going down there and saying, "Yeah, it sounds like you're in there!"

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
Why was this link removed?

most forums prohibit drive by links.

And in this case, this new member has posted a number of threads linking to his own website. I'm wondering why it isn't just marked as spam at this point. Maybe because it's topical to this forum.

I don't mind either way, but in one of the first ones he was instructed to just post the content. Still hasn't learned his lesson, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.