Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Indoor unit

Quote Originally Posted by jumper View Post
    Yeah and it was too much for even me to comment on and I got pretty low standards.

Just wait till someone wonders whether AFCI is needed for the circuit and it’s all over.

I am gonna go and see if I can find me a 208V high leg delta service to play with.....
    I seen it and commented on it.... just as well hold electrical class on this one..

JAP>

Agreed, if the nameplate said one thing and the instructions another, nameplate rules without a doubt.

This whole thread started because there was no nameplate. Or later OP found it but had not said at beginning. Or was it that some info missing on the nameplate........

IDK, thread has gotten so muddled I have forgotten at this point.
    There is no nameplate. The drawings aee at design stage not yet permitted. There never was nameplate. Everything coming from engineering drawing which has not yet permitted.

Heck I dont know how nameplate got involved.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by codequestion View Post
    There is no nameplate. The drawings aee at design stage not yet permitted. There never was nameplate. Everything coming from engineering drawing which has not yet permitted.

I have no idea, my brain is fried on this one.

I gotta go, there is a large Starbucks double shot of espresso Vanilla flavored Iced Coffee calling my name and I need to answer......
    "Electricity is really just organized lightning." George Carlin

Derek

Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min without traffic from winged horses.
    I have no idea, my brain is fried on this one.

I gotta go, there is a large Starbucks double shot of espresso Vanilla flavored Iced Coffee calling my name and I need to answer......
    I heard those are best when made on a Starbucks exclusive west coast 208V high leg espresso machine. Enjoy
    If you go and decide to dance with a gorilla the dance ain't over till the gorilla decides it's over.

Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min without traffic from winged horses.

Nameplate became part of the discussion when manufacturer recommendation vs. manufacturer/code requirement entered in.
    If you go and decide to dance with a gorilla the dance ain't over till the gorilla decides it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by ActionDave View Post
    I heard those are best when made on a Starbucks exclusive west coast 208V high leg espresso machine. Enjoy
    Yeppers.
    "Electricity is really just organized lightning." George Carlin

Derek

Yeppers.
    Well follow up contacted the engineer who said whats wrong with 25amos it is sized per nec? I said contwct manufacturer and see what the mocp is and 25 amps maybe oversized.

He said in his 30 years of working as engineer no one has asked him to do.

Well follow up contacted the engineer who said whats wrong with 25amos it is sized per nec? I said contwct manufacturer and see what the mocp is and 25 amps maybe oversized.

I suppose he can put whatever he wants as long as the conductors supplying the unit are sized properly. Also assuming that the manufacturer hasn't specified a max size for the OCPD. Which he should check. Not your job.

You could run a 25 amp circuit to a disconnect and then fuse the disconnect at 15 amps. If this is a commercial job, at least the engineers I deal with, always spec a fused disconnect at the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgraw View Post
    You could run a 25 amp circuit to a disconnect and then fuse the disconnect at 15 amps. If this is a commercial job, at least the engineers I deal with, always spec a fused disconnect at the unit.
    Per post #73 the OP stated the engineer has drawn a 25 amp circuit to a 20a NF Disconnect.
    I don't see how this could be since actual NF disconnects start a 30 amps.

Generally an engineer will draw a disconnect symbol on the prints and if it has a (20) beside it that means it should be a 30 amp fused disconnect fused at 20amps.

If this is actually the case, then the OP misread the print, since even it were indicated to be fused at 20 amps the change to a 15 amp fuse would not result in a price increase and no change order would be needed.

If this is a bid job and the engineer actually indicated the disconnect to be a "Non Fused" 20a disconnect, then a change order should be submitted to change the "Non Fused" disconnect to a 30 amp "Fused Disconnect" with 15 amp fuses and be done with it.

JAP>