Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Indoor unit

Quote Originally Posted by codequestion View Post
    Typo. It is listed as HVAC. Uses gas furnace with indoor units with fans to distribute air in duct for public storage and has outdoor units condensing units for air conditioning.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    Then use 440.12 for rating the disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by packersparky View Post
    Then use 440.12 for rating the disconnect.
    The disconnect that I am talking about is not of air conditioning part comdensing unit.

I am talking about both sizong short circuit circuit breaker for the branch circuit and sizing disconnect of the furnance which is used as heating. So 440 would not apply refgeration equipment. I am szing heat gas furnance disconnect and branch circuit breaker.

The disconnect that I am talking about is not of air conditioning part comdensing unit.

I am talking about both sizong short circuit circuit breaker for the branch circuit and sizing disconnect of the furnance which is used as heating. So 440 would not apply refgeration equipment. I am szing heat gas furnance disconnect and branch circuit breaker.

It looks more like appliance gas furnace but its also hvac.

I've never seen a furnace that required larger than a 15 amp circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by peter d View Post
    I've never seen a furnace that required larger than a 15 amp circuit.
    Its gas furnace for heating space. Its heater but not electric and has blower with duct system. Perhaps air handler unit.

Perhaps it is significant that this component of a split-system is often not referred to as an AC, but as an "air handler" or FCU (fan-coil unit). When not used in conjunction with a heat pump, it will often contain a gas furnace, which incidentally also adds another small motor for inducing the heat exchanger draft.

Presented for info only.

So use 422.12 and 422.31. The "H" in hvac is for heating. For sizing, it only matters what the NEC says it is, not what someone thinks it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Perhaps it is significant that this component of a split-system is often not referred to as an AC, but as an "air handler" or FCU (fan-coil unit). When not used in conjunction with a heat pump, it will often contain a gas furnace, which incidentally also adds another small motor for inducing the heat exchanger draft.

Presented for info only.
    It is split system so which nec article wpuld be usrd to suze the gas furnance heat disconnect and also overcurrent protection?

It is split system so which nec article wpuld be usrd to suze the gas furnance heat disconnect and also overcurrent protection?
    Again, I've no need to find out. I'm not saying that to be rude, just admitting that I'm not an expert at that part of the Code because I already know that every 120V machine I've ever seen (up to 5-tons, with a 3/4 HP blower) is already on a dedicated 15A breaker, #14 wire, and either a NEMA 5-15 receptacle or 15A switch. I work on these machines for a living, and see different ones every day, residential and commercial.

But, again, I'm not an engineer. I'm sure there are a few here that can actually do the paperwork on it.

As an aside, and again, not to be rude, but please so down on your typing, and use your spellchecker. I'm having to slow down to read through all the misspellings and figure out what you are trying to say.

It is an appliance, you start looking for installation requirements in 422. You possibly can be referred to 430 from parts of 422.

Most of these do have a current rating on a nameplate.

15 amp breaker works even on a 3/4 hp motor because they are usually PSC motors, or more recent years ECM motor. Neither has too high of inrush current when starting. If they were capacitor start motors 15 amp breaker probably nuisance trips at times if it is a 3/4 HP motor.