Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Fire Alarm Control Panel Recommendation/advice

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    5

    Fire Alarm Control Panel Recommendation/advice

    Looking for a recommendation on a dependable cost effective FACP for a warehouse with small open office, old panel removed and disposed of by contractor doing demo of room, tracing of fire cabling found the following in place:
    Circuit 1) BGX-101L pull stations with M501M addressable modules (total of 3) on circuit with EOL
    Circuit 2) Same as Circuit 1
    Circuit 3) BGX-101L pull stations with M501M addressable modules (total of 4) and 6 addressable smoke detectors on circuit with EOL
    NAC Circuit 1) 2 Gentex GX90S-4-60WR strobe/horns with EOL
    NAC Circuit 2) 4 Gentex GX90S-4-60WR strobe/horns with EOL
    One 4-wire anunciator circuit
    sprinkler system tamper switch and flow switch.

    Thank you in advance for your help.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,628
    Quote Originally Posted by madekio View Post
    Looking for a recommendation on a dependable cost effective FACP for a warehouse with small open office, old panel removed and disposed of by contractor doing demo of room, tracing of fire cabling found the following in place:
    Circuit 1) BGX-101L pull stations with M501M addressable modules (total of 3) on circuit with EOL
    Circuit 2) Same as Circuit 1
    Circuit 3) BGX-101L pull stations with M501M addressable modules (total of 4) and 6 addressable smoke detectors on circuit with EOL
    NAC Circuit 1) 2 Gentex GX90S-4-60WR strobe/horns with EOL
    NAC Circuit 2) 4 Gentex GX90S-4-60WR strobe/horns with EOL
    One 4-wire anunciator circuit
    sprinkler system tamper switch and flow switch.

    Thank you in advance for your help.
    The pull station model suggests that the pull stations are from a Notifier platform. I believe that Notifier's Fire Warden series of panels is their lowest end, but it is proprietary and available only from distributors, but you might find one on e-bay.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cypress, CA
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by gadfly56 View Post
    The pull station model suggests that the pull stations are from a Notifier platform. I believe that Notifier's Fire Warden series of panels is their lowest end, but it is proprietary and available only from distributors, but you might find one on e-bay.

    You call also go with the Firelite MS-9050UD addressable panel that is probably easier to buy and program than a Notifier.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,628
    Quote Originally Posted by ryant35 View Post
    You call also go with the Firelite MS-9050UD addressable panel that is probably easier to buy and program than a Notifier.
    Yes, but the devices came from a Notifier panel. I assumed he wanted to reuse the existing devices.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by gadfly56 View Post
    Yes, but the devices came from a Notifier panel. I assumed he wanted to reuse the existing devices.
    I believe Firelite and Notifier are the same. Both are Honeywell companies.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cypress, CA
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgraw View Post
    I believe Firelite and Notifier are the same. Both are Honeywell companies.


    They are not the same, I didn't realize the pull station was addressable. Either change out all the addressable devices or go with Notifier.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by ryant35 View Post
    They are not the same, I didn't realize the pull station was addressable. Either change out all the addressable devices or go with Notifier.

    on the back of the pull station module it is marked Johnson Controls? advice on changing them out or keeping, their are too many panel options out there, ADI, SD, etc all recommend a different panel. Any idea as to why the original installer ran so many circuits? almost as if they wired each device homerun to panel? Thanks

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cypress, CA
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by madekio View Post
    on the back of the pull station module it is marked Johnson Controls? advice on changing them out or keeping, their are too many panel options out there, ADI, SD, etc all recommend a different panel. Any idea as to why the original installer ran so many circuits? almost as if they wired each device homerun to panel? Thanks
    To avoid conflicting parts you should pick a brand and swap everything out. I don't think you have to be a dealer to download the Fire-Lite programmer software so that is probably your best be to buy from ADI and program.

    Notifier makes parts for Johnson Controls but they are not listed with Notifier or Fire-Lite. In fact none of the addressable Honeywell makes are listed across the different platforms, even if most of them are identical.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •