Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spa bonding Article 680.62B3

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
    I am talking about the perimeter bond that may be required, around the outside of the tub
    i know.....

metallics w/in reach is what isn't quite clear , i'm unsure if all these 5' rules in part VI of 680 apply ?

~RJ~

Quote Originally Posted by romex jockey View Post
    i know.....

metallics w/in reach is what isn't quite clear , i'm unsure if all these 5' rules in part VI of 680 apply ?

~RJ~
    IMO, they do apply and it stinks
    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky

Quote Originally Posted by romex jockey View Post
    Small $ to pay to pass .....~RJ~
    Not worried about the cost, just worried about getting it done the way they want. So I agree

Quote Originally Posted by ActionDave View Post
    I don't see how the MC sheathe is not bonded since it is in a listed connector.
    Perimeter items that are required to be bonded must be bonded via no smaller then 8AWG bonding jumper. Not real clear on what this equipment mentioned is. If not connected to the spa at all I think no question he needs to run an 8AWG out to it somehow. If this MC cable terminates in the spa control panel then that panel is already part of what is required to be bonded and I think just connector in metal control panel is probably sufficient.

Looks like someone took off the bonding I did do!! Don’t know if that was enough so I bonded it all !!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFD75CEE-CE53-446B-B37C-E54E11551664.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	19398

Name:	659C28BB-B5A7-4CBC-8DAA-73417EC0E491.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	19399

Name:	2F6ADC33-15AE-4839-9A32-BEA2E055E36F.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	19400

The old if it don't move bond it shtick?

Yeah, methinks we've all gone bond goofy to pass a few jobs Sun dude

~RJ~

When you said Jacuzzi tub I'm not sure whether your talking about a Hydromassage Tub or Hot Tub and Spa. The rules are very different and I can't tell but it looks like you may be dealing with a Hydromassage Tub and would only have to do the following.

680.74 Bonding. Both metal piping systems and grounded metal parts in contact with the circulating water shall be bonded together using a solid copper bonding jumper, insulated, covered, or bare, not smaller than 8 AWG. The bonding jumper shall be connected to the terminal on the circulating pump motor that is intended for this purpose. The bonding jumper shall not be required to be connected to a double insulated circulating pump motor. The 8 AWG or larger solid copper bonding jumper shall be required for equipotential bonding in the area of the hydromassage bathtub and shall not be required to be extended or attached to any remote panelboard, service equipment, or any electrode. The 8 AWG or larger solid copper bonding jumper shall be long enough to terminate on a replacement non-doubleinsulated pump motor and shall be terminated to the equipment grounding conductor of the branch circuit of the motor when a double-insulated circulating pump motor is used.
    Rick Napier
    Inspector and Instructor

Which is what I did in he first place!!

Quote Originally Posted by RICK NAPIER View Post
    When you said Jacuzzi tub I'm not sure whether your talking about a Hydromassage Tub or Hot Tub and Spa. The rules are very different and I can't tell but it looks like you may be dealing with a Hydromassage Tub and would only have to do the following.

680.74 Bonding. Both metal piping systems and grounded metal parts in contact with the circulating water shall be bonded together using a solid copper bonding jumper, insulated, covered, or bare, not smaller than 8 AWG. The bonding jumper shall be connected to the terminal on the circulating pump motor that is intended for this purpose. The bonding jumper shall not be required to be connected to a double insulated circulating pump motor. The 8 AWG or larger solid copper bonding jumper shall be required for equipotential bonding in the area of the hydromassage bathtub and shall not be required to be extended or attached to any remote panelboard, service equipment, or any electrode. The 8 AWG or larger solid copper bonding jumper shall be long enough to terminate on a replacement non-doubleinsulated pump motor and shall be terminated to the equipment grounding conductor of the branch circuit of the motor when a double-insulated circulating pump motor is used.