Splices in Safety Disconnect Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could I get some comments on this installation by local electrical contractor? I found a few articles showing this is not acceptable, but I want more. This is a service entrance 200 Amp, 120/208V, four wire wye grounded system. Splices on all current carrying conductors were left inside the safety fused disconnect in front of the switch pinned against the enclosure door, which is the MAIN service entrance. Now the door will not close completly and it hinders operating the fused disconnect.

PS. I tried to attach picture, but my camera will not go below 700kB/picture. This website limit is 175kB/picture.

iwire

Staff member
Could I get some comments on this installation by local electrical contractor? I found a few articles showing this is not acceptable, but I want more. This is a service entrance 200 Amp, 120/208V, four wire wye grounded system. Splices on all current carrying conductors were left inside the safety fused disconnect in front of the switch pinned against the enclosure door, which is the MAIN service entrance. Now the door will not close completly and it hinders operating the fused disconnect.

PS. I tried to attach picture, but my camera will not go below 700kB/picture. This website limit is 175kB/picture.

The NEC allows spices in disconnect switches, please see 312.8

Status
Not open for further replies.