Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lithonia ultra-slim led recessed lights

Lithonia ultra-slim led recessed lights

Anybody using these?

Name:  31cc7bUI9mL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  10.2 KB

They've been on sale at my local supply house. about $15 for the 3" and $20 for the 4". I'm really starting to like them, especially for that price. You almost don't have to even worry if there's a joist where you want to put them. As long as you have enough room to slide the junction box into the ceiling, they practically fit in the space where the sheetrock you cut out used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by jaylectricity View Post
    Anybody using these?

Name:  31cc7bUI9mL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  10.2 KB

They've been on sale at my local supply house. about $15 for the 3" and $20 for the 4". I'm really starting to like them, especially for that price. You almost don't have to even worry if there's a joist where you want to put them. As long as you have enough room to slide the junction box into the ceiling, they practically fit in the space where the sheetrock you cut out used to be.
    I have installed a bunch of them. Like them a lot. I use a remgrit holesaw of the exact size recommended. For 4” I use a 4-1/8”

Quote Originally Posted by mkgrady View Post
    I have installed a bunch of them. Like them a lot. I use a remgrit holesaw of the exact size recommended. For 4” I use a 4-1/8”
    Yep, I use the same size. It's perfect.

Using a lot of the 6", customers been liking them, I love them due to simplified layout

Last time we used them on new construction we stubbed out romex and cut holes to size on trimout. House I'm wiring now I have ordered 60 roughin pans, will be the first time I've tried them
    Dave Ruth
    Ready Electric

I have been using those as well - not those exact ones, different brand but very similar. I like them. I have used them for new construction even, and I think I prefer them over traditional new work housings: leave the wires up in the ceiling, make a map, and cut them in at the end. I call them "rat traps"
    Ethan Brush - East West Electric. NY, WA. MA

"You can't generalize"

Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min without traffic from winged horses.
    Quote Originally Posted by electrofelon View Post
    I call them "rat traps"
    Luv it. I'm going with that the next time I ask for one at the supply house.
    If you go and decide to dance with a gorilla the dance ain't over till the gorilla decides it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by ActionDave View Post
    Luv it. I'm going with that the next time I ask for one at the supply house.
    My cousin came up with that. He was remodeling one of his rentals and wanted to use those and was trying to describe them to me. That's what I call them now too.
    Ethan Brush - East West Electric. NY, WA. MA

"You can't generalize"

Quote Originally Posted by electrofelon View Post
    I have been using those as well - not those exact ones, different brand but very similar. I like them. I have used them for new construction even, and I think I prefer them over traditional new work housings: leave the wires up in the ceiling, make a map, and cut them in at the end. I call them "rat traps"
    Would certainly remove most, if not downright eliminate, problems with the HO/GC changing ceiling detail with different cabinets, fancy 3-tier, 14" wide crown molding, deciding last moment they want a built-in bookcase on a wall, or god forbid, deciding they want a different amount of/pattern of lights, and having to move your cans. "Blueprinting" the ceiling where the NM loops are for the lights sounds easier and much less time consuming than doing a layout with cans. and you would still get to bill the customer for change orders that dont take as much time as fixed cans would...
    Electricians do it until it Hertz!

I put a 6-inch in the other day. I like them and they put out good light. I "took the line" on the cutout with the keyhole saw and it barely covered the hole...so cut em tight so they fit.

I couldn't find a box fill in the instructions, but I would say we are limited to 2 romex's with the wagos.

Then, I always thought j-boxes needed to be mounted...but you just "float" these?

On the new work install with those "pans"...are you pre-installing the j-box and mounting it to the joist near the pan?

Looks like the pan has some raised clip areas that the junction box can mate with at trim out time.

http://www.acuitybrandslighting.com/...on%20sheet.pdf

Cheers, Wayne