GFI plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Yes it will, but a plug in GFCI tester will not work if the GFCI does not have an equipment grounding conductor.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I assume by saying plug you really mean receptacle? As Don stated the GFCI circuitry does not require an EGC connection to work.

enireh

plug?

plug?

I assume by saying plug you really mean receptacle? As Don stated the GFCI circuitry does not require an EGC connection to work.

what do you think amigo? I think don't assume especially in the electrical field bad idea please enlighten me on the other types of electrical plugs

luckylerado

I will start

From da book.

Attachment Plug (Plug Cap) (Plug). A device that, by insertion
in a receptacle, establishes a connection between the conductors
of the attached flexible cord and the conductors connected
permanently to the receptacle.

shock-buster-2-ft-15-amp-3-outlet-12-gauge-yellow-black-outdoor-extension-cord-with-gfci-circuit.jpg

Last edited:

user 100

what do you think amigo? I think don't assume especially in the electrical field bad idea please enlighten me on the other types of electrical plugs

The correct terminology for what you were referring to is a GFCI ( Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) receptacle. A plug is what goes into the receptacle.

You posted a question and a couple of professionals took the time to answer it correctly to the best of their abilities despite your poorly phrased nomenclature-You should be grateful, amigo.

Last edited:

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician

When I read GFI plug I first thought of something like this, correct terminology makes it easier to correctly answer the question.

61FbZ%2BpOAML._SL1000_.jpg

user 100

When I read GFI plug I first thought of something like this, correct terminology makes it easier to correctly answer the question.

61FbZ%2BpOAML._SL1000_.jpg

Exactly. The op could have phrased his question a little better, and I thought his response was a little rude.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Exactly. The op could have phrased his question a little better, and I thought his response was a little rude.
Yes he could have and it was.

enrieh, your profile says you are a Journeyman yet you continuously ask entry level questions, might it be time to come clean and update your profile to show you are in fact an apprentice?

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.