Heavy plywood door repaired

Status
Not open for further replies.

david

Service entrance subjected to physical damage, the cellar door was newly repaired and the carpenter didn't know or understand to pay attention to the service entrance

Attachments

• 20150724_174130.jpg
    20150724_174130.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20150724_173931.jpg
    20150724_173931.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 0

kwired

Electron manager
Wonder what its going to cost to repair the asbestos siding?
No more then it cost to rent a power washer for a few hours. After that kind of treatement I'd guess it won't look much different then it did before this happened, other then it may still need some paint. If whoever does it uses proper PPE for handling asbestos maybe a little more on labor.

david

240/120 volt service three main panels grouped in the basement. anyone notice how the meter was wired? Line one on the A terminal of the meter The neutral conductor landed on the B terminal of the meter and their is a jumper on the B side.

Since the whole service is being repaired it wasn't investigated further but i am amazed what people will do in the name of a repair.

kwired

Electron manager
240/120 volt service three main panels grouped in the basement. anyone notice how the meter was wired? Line one on the A terminal of the meter The neutral conductor landed on the B terminal of the meter and their is a jumper on the B side.

Since the whole service is being repaired it wasn't investigated further but i am amazed what people will do in the name of a repair.
Wasn't by chance only metering 120 volts with a 120 volt only meter being used?

May have been necessary to not open the grounded conductor when pulling the meter because of some crossover in premises wiring?

just the cowboy

Inactive, Email Never Verified
No more then it cost to rent a power washer for a few hours. After that kind of treatement I'd guess it won't look much different then it did before this happened, other then it may still need some paint. If whoever does it uses proper PPE for handling asbestos maybe a little more on labor.

I had the asbestos siding on my house removed contractor had to fill out all kinds of paperwork to dump them, after paperwork was done they had him dump them in the same spot as other debris.

mopowr steve

Occupation
Electrical contractor
I had the asbestos siding on my house removed contractor had to fill out all kinds of paperwork to dump them, after paperwork was done they had him dump them in the same spot as other debris.

Yea, wet it down, double bag it, and whatever else. Then it ends up with all the other trash doesn't seem right does it? Like it some kind of terrorists bio-chemical.

kwired

Electron manager
That was for removal my comment was on repairing what was in the OP, probably just needs a little cleaning to get it back to about the condition it was in before this incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.