Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Construction implications of 501.15(E)(1)

nec_addicted, after reading and rereading your two previous posts I was inclined to simply respond, "Yeah, so?" However, in fairness, I will address the links but in reverse order.
    From the EC&M article:
    Achieving Code compliance
Conduit seals in Class I, Division 1 and 2 locations must meet the requirements in Section 501.15(C). Sealing fittings must be listed, and listed equipment has to be installed in accordance with instructions in 110.3(B).
    (Underlines mine)

What is shown on the conduit body is "SA" encircled with a "C". This indicates that CSA is the test lab involved. If one pays close attention to follow the links from the webpage you listed, they will ultimately arrive here. This is CSA's own markings page. You will note that the "SA" encircled with a "C" (fourth line down) is only a Canadian mark.

In other words, "EYSR seal fittings are not NRTL certified" with respect to FedOSHA or the NEC.
    "Bob"
    Robert B. Alexander, P.E.
    Answers based on 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted.

It's ultimately up to your JHA as to what NRTL listings are acceptable. Here in California they tend to enforce everything to the letter of the law, whereas in other areas of the United States things are a bit more lax.

Quote Originally Posted by MRKN View Post
    It's ultimately up to your JHA as to what NRTL listings are acceptable.
    That's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRKN View Post
    Here in California they tend to enforce everything to the letter of the law, whereas in other areas of the United States things are a bit more lax.
    That's not particularly true for either California or other jurisdictions. Some are at least at rigorous.

"Bob"
    Robert B. Alexander, P.E.
    Answers based on 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted.