Thread: Paiintg Mix room

Paiintg Mix room

I know less about the construction of Classified areas than I do the electrical systems therein but I have set of prints for a paint mix room that calls for the area to be Class1 Div 1. The construction is sheetrock on metal studs. Doesn't seem to right for a C1D1 area. Input appreciated !
    At my age, I'm accustomed to restaurants asking me to pay in advance, but now my bank has started sending me their calendar one month at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by augie47 View Post
    I know less about the construction of Classified areas than I do the electrical systems therein but I have set of prints for a paint mix room that calls for the area to be Class1 Div 1. The construction is sheetrock on metal studs. Doesn't seem to right for a C1D1 area. Input appreciated !
    maybe they are blowout walls.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by petersonra View Post
    maybe they are blowout walls.
    new term... If so, how would that affect his wiring method ?
    At my age, I'm accustomed to restaurants asking me to pay in advance, but now my bank has started sending me their calendar one month at a time.

new term... If so, how would that affect his wiring method ?
    It doesn't; Section 501.10(A) still applies. I've had a few "blowout" ceilings/roofs before but walls would be a bit dangerous. In any case the room construction itself it determined by the Uniform Building Code or whatever the local building code is. The room's physical construction only needs to be able to provide the various 3xx.30 Securing and Supporting requirements of the relevant wiring method.
    "Bob"
    Robert B. Alexander, P.E.
    Answers based on 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted.

That seems a little lightweight to support the fixtures, raceway, and fittings that are required. Is it double-rocked with 1/2 or 5/8 board?