Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Price per space

Quote Originally Posted by ptonsparky View Post
    Who is responsible for removal of wall coverings? Plaster etc. You have at least lead paint to deal with and possibly asbestos.

No one likes the bid price of a rewire on old homes. The owner because it’s too high, the EC because he was too low.

I think ptonsparky hit the big note here. What exactly is to be done by you? Will GC handle everything but the wiring?
    I just cut some concrete to a kitchen island and the GC wanted me to hire termite treatment dude that the inspector required. It was a few hundred bucks. So, you never can tell what will be thrown at you if you leave yourself open. My concise verbiage in my quote protected me so once I reminded the GC he backed down without issue.

I no longer worry about others pricing. I will not enter a race to the bottom and suggest others do not either. You have history with contractor so use that other quality work to your advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by growler View Post
    I have actually run into people that think the rewire of an old home should be cheaper than wiring a new home.
    I rewired one a few years ago. Being remodeled. 1940's home. All plaster and lathe was removed. Open studs. Sounds easy right?

Studs were are hard as concrete. Took forever drill holes for running wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Coppersmith View Post
    I rewired one a few years ago. Being remodeled. 1940's home. All plaster and lathe was removed. Open studs. Sounds easy right?

Studs were are hard as concrete. Took forever drill holes for running wire.
    LOL, I see you are from Tampa. Yep, I have had the same experience with old wood in homes on my side of the bridge. Makes you nuts. As hard to drill as it is crooked and twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Electric View Post
    I don't want to come in too high and them consider another offer.
    there is always someone that will do it cheaper, either because they are more efficient or because they make less money

I worry more about bidding too cheap and getting the job, than I worry about bidding too high and not getting job
    Dave Ruth
    Ready Electric

Quote Originally Posted by readydave8 View Post
    I worry more about bidding too cheap and getting the job, than I worry about bidding too high and not getting job