Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does CAD drawing mean CAD drawing?

Quote Originally Posted by gadfly56 View Post
    It was good enough for Shakespeare...

P.S. When I was in school, we sent the Dead Sea a get well card.
    Well done!
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

I would have interpreted "CAD drawing" ad DWG, yes. A PDF might be OF a CAD drawing, but it could also be a scan of a hand drawn sketch. If they wanted a PDF of a CAD drawing, they should have asked for it that way. I have seen that done, I like it when people are clear.

MUCH more often than that, I see a requirement for "CAD drawings" and if you send them PDFs, they reject them and insist on DWG or DXF format.

Side note on the "Dead Sea" jokes; If the Dead Sea were only sick, would it not be the "Sick Sea" or the "Not Feeling Particularly Well Sea"? Once it's called the "Dead Sea", it can't, by definition, be sick...
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    Many people are shocked when they discover I am not a good electrician...

Quote Originally Posted by Jraef View Post
    I would have interpreted "CAD drawing" ad DWG, yes. A PDF might be OF a CAD drawing, but it could also be a scan of a hand drawn sketch. If they wanted a PDF of a CAD drawing, they should have asked for it that way. I have seen that done, I like it when people are clear.

MUCH more often than that, I see a requirement for "CAD drawings" and if you send them PDFs, they reject them and insist on DWG or DXF format.
    OK. Depends on what state of the project. Prior to award of contract I'd be disinclined to offer anything in a format that could be edited by

Side note on the "Dead Sea" jokes; If the Dead Sea were only sick, would it not be the "Sick Sea" or the "Not Feeling Particularly Well Sea"? Once it's called the "Dead Sea", it can't, by definition, be sick...
    As a rule we did not provide drawings or documents in a format that could be edited prior to a contract being placed.

Dead Sea? It could have gone from well to sick to dead.
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

Quote Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
    As a rule we did not provide drawings or documents in a format that could be edited prior to a contract being placed.

Dead Sea? It could have gone from well to sick to dead.
    Nowadays you need to be sure and password protect any such documents. With BlueBeam you can make your PDF's dance a jig, let alone change the size of the feed conductors (say) everywhere in a document.