0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you got trolled gentlemen.
    BB+/BB=?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymiller View Post
    Why does electricity go back to its source?
    Picture AC like the rope on a rope saw.

The rope makes a loop and saws back and forth without actually having to make the complete journey from hand to blade then back. The energy travels from your hand to the blade much faster than the actual rope fibers move. The energy travels straight to the blade on the forward and reverse stroke even though the rope only wiggles back and forth.

Electrons don't actually complete the lap either but just wiggle back and forth. They do that because it is part of the mechanism that creates the fields by which the energy travels. Much like the rope is a mechanism for the sawing energy to travel, or a belt is a path for motor energy to reach a fan blade, or water is a medium for wave energy, etc.

A circuit is a charge pump. It is not pumping charges because they carry buckets of energy but it pumps the charges as part of a travel medium. The belt returns much like the electricity returns.
    BB+/BB=?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by myspark View Post
    You can disagree with anything that I said, but it doesn't make you right.
    No, but being right makes him right.

One of the redeeming values of a transformer is that it provides circuit isolation. In other words, the electrons don't jump from primary to secondary.

I have said what I needed to say regarding the topic.
    Glad you got that off yor chest. Nothing like having a compelling need that can't be filled. Glad we could be of service.
    BB+/BB=?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can disagree with anything that I said, but it doesn't make you right. This is social media.
    Anything that is said by members is either hypothesis or opinion. . .nothing is binding.
    Unlike testifying under oath or audience, with authority, like a group of scientists known for their work, anyone should take someone's word with a grain of salt.

Social media is exactly what this site is. Readers can either take it or leave it. If they find it beneficial then more power to them.

All these things are for entertainment purposes...and to say that you are an authority of a subject matter will only put you in a position where if someone gets hurt or dies because of what you said, you should be prepared to answer and stand by your word. Someone forced to answer has happened before.

If you don't believe me which is likely because of what you've said earlier, check with an attorney specializing in "The Internet Law".
    We live in a litigious society. . .and no one seem to take responsibility for their action. People always try hard to find someone else to blame.

I have said what I needed to say regarding the topic.
    Thank you for listening.
    My posts are my opinion, I can be wrong.

I believe significantly more people will agree that electrons don't jump from primary to secondary in a basic isolation transformer then those that think they do make that jump.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post

I believe significantly more people will agree that electrons don't jump from primary to secondary in a basic isolation transformer then those that think they do make that jump.
    in a 2 winding xfmr the prim/sec are electrically isolated (magnetically coupled)
    hence no electron or current flow (charge or electron transfer per unit time)

this is a given

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingenieur View Post
    consider a system of grids
    each grid independent of the other (no Cu interconnects) but sharing the same earth reference (obviously)

assume 2 adjacent grids (1 and 2) have L-G earth faults simultaneously
    the Grid 1 source is 'closer' to the Grid 2 fault, ie, lower Z rtn path than to its own source, Grid 2 source
    and vice versa

will the fault current 'motivated' or generated by Grid 2, return to the 'closer' (lower Z rtn earth path) Grid 1 source?
    and vice versa, Grid 1 i fault rtn to Grid 2 soure?
    more likely to share: source 1 will get i from 1 and 2, the same for source 2?

does the source care where the rtn equalization charge comes from?
    ????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ingenieur View Post
    in a 2 winding xfmr the prim/sec are electrically isolated (magnetically coupled)
    hence no electron or current flow (charge or electron transfer per unit time)

this is a given
    Score is 1-1 so far. 2-1 if you count my vote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carultch View Post
    The miniature "solar system" model of the atom is oversimplified.
    And Bohring!

Michigan. It's a beautiful penninsula, I've looked around.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggunn View Post
    And Bohring!
    Cheers and Stay Safe,

Marky the Sparky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Score is 1-1 so far. 2-1 if you count my vote.
    WOW!
    The wonders of social media. It never run short of clowns. Perhaps a better chance of getting a job since Barnum and Bailey folded its tent.