Hello, I am a Navy Nuclear Electrician turned Commerical Electrician.
I am used to regulations from a government/military perspective. As such I do my best to treat the NEC 70 and 70E as law. I want to understand the code book as best I can, so that I can follow the correct rules as applicable to the situation.

My question is regarding the disconnecting means of some plugs. They are 240 single phase plugs with GFCI protection, and they will be plugs for welders in a transportation maintenance shop.
This is a commercial building and there is no disconnect on the prints for these plugs.

My question is, would the disconnecting means for these welders fall under article 422 for appliances where a receptacle/plug is sufficient,
Or article 630 for welders, where a switch/circuit breaker is required for disconnecting means?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk