circuiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rose1981

I have 10 mech equip rated at 208V, 1phase, MCA - 0.44A and Max Fuse size (MFS) - 15A. Can I power 2-3 equip from the same circuit?

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
You can, meaning that the NEC would allow it. It is a different matter as to whether this is a good idea. That may be a question for the user. Perhaps they will have a need to be able to repair one of the items, without losing the ability to keep the other items in service. There are other possible reasons for keeping the circuits separate. It is a design issue, not a code issue.

victor.cherkashi

I do it, but you have to have thermal overload protection next to each equipment if one not provided with equipment inside

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I have 10 mech equip rated at 208V, 1phase, MCA - 0.44A and Max Fuse size (MFS) - 15A. Can I power 2-3 equip from the same circuit?

You can, meaning that the NEC would allow it. It is a different matter as to whether this is a good idea. That may be a question for the user. Perhaps they will have a need to be able to repair one of the items, without losing the ability to keep the other items in service. There are other possible reasons for keeping the circuits separate. It is a design issue, not a code issue.
Another option is to power several with a single 15A circuit, then provide disconnect for individual units via a two-pole [wall] switch, inductive-rated if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.