LED Wiring Diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
We recently received 208 LED light fixtures from Holophane. They did not have a wiring digram with them. I asked the manufacture for one, but haven't heard from him.
Does anyone no how to terminate a 208V LED fixture that has 3-Gray wires, 3-Purple, 1-Black, 1-White and 1- Green?

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Sounds like you have a dimming LED ,

White and black should be the line hot and neutral.
The other wires to the dimming control, as per the wiring of your particular dimmer system.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Generally the new multi volt ballast / Drivers are multi volt and auto volt sensing , thus the white / black are line/N or Line / Line

Electric-Light

We recently received 208 LED light fixtures from Holophane. They did not have a wiring digram with them. I asked the manufacture for one, but haven't heard from him.
Does anyone no how to terminate a 208V LED fixture that has 3-Gray wires, 3-Purple, 1-Black, 1-White and 1- Green?

Look on the ballast label.

Tojemuyiwa

Why are you using 208 if you do not mind me asking. I have been wondering what is the advantage of using 208 vs 480? If anyone has a response that would be great.

Electric-Light

That's what the engineer specified. Who am I to argue with an engineer??

If the facility receives 208/120, 208 is the higher voltage available of the two.

Black and white are power...
Green is ground...

Grey and purple are dimming. As for why you have three pairs... maybe there are three ballasts. Greys go together. Purple goes together. If they're left open, the fixtures come on at full. If they're shorted together, they dim down to lowest or turns off.. Anything in between is adjusted with a 0-10v dimmer. If you don't use dimming, you just leave them disconnected. Do not use a household standard dimmer.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~

black, white and green are your power.
assuming the ballast is multi volt.

what you have sounds like a lutron addressable
module. you will have two pair of those purple and gray wires
together. those will go on the eco bus. they are NOT 0-10 volt dimming leads.

the third purple and gray pair, should be separate or distinctly
different from the other purple and gray's by location or marking.

those are 0-10 volt dimmer output, to drive a standard 0-10
volt dimming ballast or dimming driver.

mixing eco bus and 0-10 volt output together will not turn out well.
i've seen half a dozen jobs recently where this has been done.
it won't kill the eco module, but nothing will dim or address. can't
be set up and programmed at all. no dimming, all the lights on the
eco system are full on, all the time.

and it seems the ones that are miswired are always in a hard lid.

lutron has their addressable modules to drive other peoples 0-10
volt stuff, and their new eco ballasts are only showing two purples
and two grays, for eco in, and eco out. no third pair.

the new eco ballasts don't look much different than the regular ballasts.
did these devices come separate from the fixtures, and look like
"spare" ballasts? i'm betting they are addressable modules, not led drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.