Thread: 750VDC sheilding

750VDC sheilding

Hello, first time here. I am trying to find a suitable material for clear shielding to be mounted on GPO3 for arc shielding to isolate 750VDC. I am not finding very much information on required ratings for such applications. Does anyone know if there is a clear plexiglass or other material that is rated for arc blast?

Quote Originally Posted by wareisjoey View Post
    Hello, first time here. I am trying to find a suitable material for clear shielding to be mounted on GPO3 for arc shielding to isolate 750VDC. I am not finding very much information on required ratings for such applications. Does anyone know if there is a clear plexiglass or other material that is rated for arc blast?
    Welcome to the forum.

Depends on the size. There are plenty of Lexan / plexiglass / PMMA viewing window options available on 600VAC Arc Resistant switchgear and MCCs and if you think about it, that's roughly equivalent to 850VDC. But the size of the window is generally limited to 12" x 24" I think.

PS:
    I just looked up "GP03" and see that it's glastic, so I'm not as sure about that. The windows I've seen are internally mounted on steel doors.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    Many people are shocked when they discover I am not a good electrician...

Quote Originally Posted by wareisjoey View Post
    You will find no material "rated for arc blast". You would need to build something and submit it to UL and have them test it at the level of arc blast you want to claim it will protect against.
    Bob