Thread: EMT Ground Hub??

EMT Ground Hub??

So I have never seen this and no luck finding it…when using EMT as a raceway for mechanical protection of a supplemental bonding conductor for ex. ½”C with a #6AWG ground I was looking to see if I could find a ground hub / choke to be used at each end of the conduit however everything I have found [oz/gedney, etc.] the hubs are threaded. Is it possible, common acceptable [UL?] to thread EMT, I could not find a similar product with set screw type connection? Any assistance is appreciated…

Just use EMT connectors and then the hubs.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01 View Post
    So I have never seen this and no luck finding it…when using EMT as a raceway for mechanical protection of a supplemental bonding conductor for ex. ½”C with a #6AWG ground I was looking to see if I could find a ground hub / choke to be used at each end of the conduit however everything I have found [oz/gedney, etc.] the hubs are threaded. Is it possible, common acceptable [UL?] to thread EMT, I could not find a similar product with set screw type connection? Any assistance is appreciated…
    You cannot thread EMT. You can do what Roger suggested but threading the connector into the hub is a technical violation. Like Roger for me it isn't a problem.
    Rob

All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01 View Post
    I'm curious, is there a reason for you to not use a half inch bonding bushing on the threads of a set screw EMT connector?

Another Al in Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by al hildenbrand View Post
    I'm curious, is there a reason for you to not use a half inch bonding bushing on the threads of a set screw EMT connector?

The reason it was done in the photo was due the design engineer wanting more expensive components.

Roger