FPE REPLACEMENT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asparky

I'm trying to find a replacement panel, or get the specs for a fpe panel 125a cat no. 1306.12 I think this is the model y22455y-1 pls help Thanks in advance

Asparky

Welcome to the forum from a fellow resident of the Rocky Mountain West.

I'm not really sure what you are asking. Are you looking for a replacement panel that is the same size as the old FPE?

Thanks for the welcome. An yes I didn't get the specs when I was on site. I thought I could just look it up by the cat no or model but with no avail. Can you help.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I have done panel replacements, but just by ripping the old one out and putting a new one in and figuring out what to do with the mess along the way, usually somewhere toward the end of the job.

Either that or letting someone in charge know that that it's their job to make it look as pretty as they need it to be.

How about some details about your project. What are you working on?

Asparky

I have done panel replacements, but just by ripping the old one out and putting a new one in and figuring out what to do with the mess along the way, usually somewhere toward the end of the job.

Either that or letting someone in charge know that that it's their job to make it look as pretty as they need it to be.

How about some details about your project. What are you working on?

It just that the home owner doesn't feel safe with the fpe, hearing about the chance of fire he want it changed. I just wanted the specs or dimensions of the panel to be able to get one that will feel the hole already in place. The location is in a screwy place. So I really just want the same size. That's my dilemma

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
It just that the home owner doesn't feel safe with the fpe, hearing about the chance of fire he want it changed. I just wanted the specs or dimensions of the panel to be able to get one that will feel the hole already in place. The location is in a screwy place. So I really just want the same size. That's my dilemma
No need to give it that much effort. You are not going to find a new panel that will swap the place of an old FPE panel. You can order guts that will fit the old FPE can but this is not a case where it would be worth the time and effort.

Talk to the HO, tell him there will be some messes, pick you favourite brand of panel, make it fit. .......within reason of course.

Asparky

No need to give it that much effort. You are not going to find a new panel that will swap the place of an old FPE panel. You can order guts that will fit the old FPE can but this is not a case where it would be worth the time and effort.

Talk to the HO, tell him there will be some messes, pick you favourite brand of panel, make it fit. .......within reason of course.

I understand thanks I really appreciate it

kwired

Electron manager
Some of those FPE's were in small cabinets back when they didn't require as much wire bending space. If you have one of those you will not find any current made panels with that narrow of a panel. I don't know of any typical (vertical bus with two rows of breakers) panels today that don't have a ~14.5 inch wide cabinet.

May be some special panels that are narrower - but usually have some limitations. Like Square D's 6 and 8 space main lug panels with a single row of breakers and a horizontal bus.

cpinetree

On a few FPE replacements we have stacked 2 smaller panels. One panel sub feeds to the other.

It does not eliminate drywall cutting and the associated mess, but it will fit in tight spots. Like when plumbing pipes run beside the panel to an upper floor unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.