Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meeting Rooms - bigger than 1000SF

However, for 2020 that could change but i have tried to keep from looking until we all vote since things can change from the meetings in Hilton Head to voting time.
    *All code responses are based on the 2017 National Electrical Code[NEC]

Maybe in 2020 they could word it a bit better. The reference to 210.52 tends to lead one astray.
    At my age, I'm accustomed to restaurants asking me to pay in advance, but now my bank has started sending me their calendar one month at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterTheNEC View Post
    Prove It.....not how 210.71 is written in 2017 NEC.

It was clarified by CMP 2 that the intent of the reference to 210.52(A)(1) -(A)(4) is simply the means to determine the total number as defines in 210.71 (B). No intent was to imply a spacing requirement which is why the charging statement says they can be where ever the designer or owner chooses.
    How / where can this be seen ? Open for all to read or only NFPA members ?
    I have been laying out plugs like it was a residence also.

Quote Originally Posted by MyCleveland View Post
    Here's an interesting article that might clear it up for you

https://iaeimagazine.org/magazine/20...meeting-rooms/
    At my age, I'm accustomed to restaurants asking me to pay in advance, but now my bank has started sending me their calendar one month at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by augie47 View Post
    Here's an interesting article that might clear it up for you

https://iaeimagazine.org/magazine/20...meeting-rooms/
    Actually the article by Keith (whom is a friend of mine) is incorrect with the assumption of the wall spacing statement. Now, i did a long podcast on this subject and again spoke with multiple CMP 2 folks after the 2017 NEC was published and they stated it was not their intent to require placement as they clearly stated in the charging statement that designers or owners could place them as they deem fit. Why would they mandate placements when they state very clearly the designer and owner can placed as deemed fit.

But you are free to install as you interpret but speak to panel members on CMP 2 and they will clarify. However, i did ask the CMP 2 members to clear this up because i agreed the way it reads could be construed as how you are applying it...im just giving you background that it was not the CMP 2 members intent....only to determine the number and to reference how to get that number by using 210.52(A)(1) - (A)(4) methodology to establish a number total as its leads off with in (B).
    *All code responses are based on the 2017 National Electrical Code[NEC]

When I read the Article it appeared to me the 210.52 reference was just to get the quantity of receptacles. Perhaps between your input and my reading the actual Code I had a preconceived notion. I did not catch that the article specified placement.

Quote Originally Posted by MyCleveland View Post

are you actually in a location that is using the 2017 NEC? I JUST started worrying about the costly requirements of the 2014.

I know what I don't know, and I know where to go to find it!

Quote Originally Posted by Strathead View Post
    are you actually in a location that is using the 2017 NEC? I JUST started worrying about the costly requirements of the 2014.
    Yes, Ohio adopted Nov 2017.

Augie47
    Thanks, I really need to subscribe to the IAEI...another moderator answered an earlier question with a similar type arcticle on exactly the topic of my question.

MasterTheNEC
    I believe I am on the same page now.

Comment...."Speak to Panel Members", had an issue mid 2016 where I was able to gather ALL the members emails, and copied EACH on a request for a TIA. I believe I have that acronym correct. The ONLY responses I received back where from a few members differ their response to another member.