Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing Conduit in Georgia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Installing Conduit in Georgia

Hello,
    I am studying how electricians install conduit for my job (I work for Southwire). Is there anyone in Georgia, East Alabama, or Western South Carolina installing conduit this week and willing to let me observe them on the job in action?

Thanks
    -Mike Nelson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike106 View Post
    Hello,
    I am studying how electricians install conduit for my job (I work for Southwire). Is there anyone in Georgia, East Alabama, or Western South Carolina installing conduit this week and willing to let me observe them on the job in action?

Thanks
    -Mike Nelson
    Are you trying to learn how to do this because you will be doing it, or are you just looking to learn to how it is done so that you have a better understanding of the needs of users of your company's products?
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Thanks
    -Mike Nelson

You could try calling IBEW Local 613 and see what jobs are going on an then call the contractors useing their workers and see if you can get permission to visit the job sites.

There are a lot of different conduit runs out there so you may need to visit several job sites. Think Rigid, EMT and PVC of various sizes for various uses.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growler View Post
    You could try calling IBEW Local 613 and see what jobs are going on an then call the contractors useing their workers and see if you can get permission to visit the job sites.

There are a lot of different conduit runs out there so you may need to visit several job sites. Think Rigid, EMT and PVC of various sizes for various uses.
    Don't forget ENT, everyone should have the pleasure of getting smacked in the face or the groin from a piece recoiling off of a 1000' reel.
    Electricians do it until it Hertz!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't you just walk down the hall to your facilities manager and get a grand tour of your own installation?
    Are you looking for cutting, reaming (all cut pipe gets reamed if you work for me, drag your finger in there!), bending, parts-n-pieces, rack building,in beds, transition applications, or code installations basics?
    Walk out to your manufacturing floor and look up. The long round stuff is pipe, the battleship gray rectangle stuff is buss duct .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    Are you trying to learn how to do this because you will be doing it, or are you just looking to learn to how it is done so that you have a better understanding of the needs of users of your company's products?
    Thanks for the idea!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growler View Post

Sounds like a great time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to understand the user better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to understand the user better.
    Good for you. That will make you a better representative for your company.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for you. That will make you a better representative for your company.
    I agree.

Roger