User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Installing Conduit in Georgia

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Installing Conduit in Georgia

    Hello,
    I am studying how electricians install conduit for my job (I work for Southwire). Is there anyone in Georgia, East Alabama, or Western South Carolina installing conduit this week and willing to let me observe them on the job in action?

    Thanks
    -Mike Nelson

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NE Nebraska
    Posts
    38,813
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike106 View Post
    Hello,
    I am studying how electricians install conduit for my job (I work for Southwire). Is there anyone in Georgia, East Alabama, or Western South Carolina installing conduit this week and willing to let me observe them on the job in action?

    Thanks
    -Mike Nelson
    Are you trying to learn how to do this because you will be doing it, or are you just looking to learn to how it is done so that you have a better understanding of the needs of users of your company's products?
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike106 View Post
    Hello,
    I am studying how electricians install conduit for my job (I work for Southwire). Is there anyone in Georgia, East Alabama, or Western South Carolina installing conduit this week and willing to let me observe them on the job in action?

    Thanks
    -Mike Nelson

    You could try calling IBEW Local 613 and see what jobs are going on an then call the contractors useing their workers and see if you can get permission to visit the job sites.

    There are a lot of different conduit runs out there so you may need to visit several job sites. Think Rigid, EMT and PVC of various sizes for various uses.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA
    Posts
    6,042
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growler View Post
    You could try calling IBEW Local 613 and see what jobs are going on an then call the contractors useing their workers and see if you can get permission to visit the job sites.

    There are a lot of different conduit runs out there so you may need to visit several job sites. Think Rigid, EMT and PVC of various sizes for various uses.
    Don't forget ENT, everyone should have the pleasure of getting smacked in the face or the groin from a piece recoiling off of a 1000' reel.
    Electricians do it until it Hertz!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,465
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't you just walk down the hall to your facilities manager and get a grand tour of your own installation?
    Are you looking for cutting, reaming (all cut pipe gets reamed if you work for me, drag your finger in there!), bending, parts-n-pieces, rack building,in beds, transition applications, or code installations basics?
    Walk out to your manufacturing floor and look up. The long round stuff is pipe, the battleship gray rectangle stuff is buss duct .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    Are you trying to learn how to do this because you will be doing it, or are you just looking to learn to how it is done so that you have a better understanding of the needs of users of your company's products?
    Thanks for the idea!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growler View Post
    You could try calling IBEW Local 613 and see what jobs are going on an then call the contractors useing their workers and see if you can get permission to visit the job sites.

    There are a lot of different conduit runs out there so you may need to visit several job sites. Think Rigid, EMT and PVC of various sizes for various uses.
    Sounds like a great time!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    Are you trying to learn how to do this because you will be doing it, or are you just looking to learn to how it is done so that you have a better understanding of the needs of users of your company's products?
    I want to understand the user better.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NE Nebraska
    Posts
    38,813
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike106 View Post
    I want to understand the user better.
    Good for you. That will make you a better representative for your company.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    17,426
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    Good for you. That will make you a better representative for your company.
    I agree.

    Roger
    Moderator

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •