Fire bowl next to pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatfull

They want to install a fire bowl within 2' of the pool. It is gas fired but ignited by a 24 volt transformer located 20' away. looking through 680 the only thing i see close to it is 680.22. Passed the plans examiner but somehow i think it was over looked. Looking for opinions.
Thanks

david

680.10 Underground Wiring Location. indicates the conduit supplying the equipment would have to be 5ft. you said it was within 2ft.

jstjohnz

They want to install a fire bowl within 2' of the pool. It is gas fired but ignited by a 24 volt transformer located 20' away. looking through 680 the only thing i see close to it is 680.22. Passed the plans examiner but somehow i think it was over looked. Looking for opinions.
Thanks

Depending on the size and construction of the unit, if the conduit can terminate on the side of the fire bowl farthest from the water, and if the bowl itself constitutes a permanent battier, you may be able to meet the 5 foot reach distance requirement.

Or perhaps a battery-operated ignitor is an option.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Depending on the size and construction of the unit, if the conduit can terminate on the side of the fire bowl farthest from the water, and if the bowl itself constitutes a permanent battier, you may be able to meet the 5 foot reach distance requirement.

Or perhaps a battery-operated ignitor is an option.
Or a person-operated butane lighter, maybe? :D

david

Thanks

If the fire bowl is made of metal like some models it will needed bonded min #8 AWG to the equal potential bonding grid

Status
Not open for further replies.