Probing inspectors minds

Status
Not open for further replies.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
"Home Inspector" and "Inspector" seem like 2 very different titles to me, "HI" I do not perceive to usually doing code-enforcement inspections, more like a knowlegeable uncle helping buyer evaluate purchase (and often supplying as much misinformation as Uncle Fred would). I think that is a HI forum, not an Inspector's forum.

norcal

"Home Inspector" and "Inspector" seem like 2 very different titles to me, "HI" I do not perceive to usually doing code-enforcement inspections, more like a knowlegeable uncle helping buyer evaluate purchase (and often supplying as much misinformation as Uncle Fred would). I think that is a HI forum, not an Inspector's forum.

It is a home inspectors forum, not a inspectors forum, the thread title is a bit misleading. :lol:

kwired

Electron manager
It is a home inspectors forum, not a inspectors forum, the thread title is a bit misleading. :lol:
I missed that, but explains why the OP question from that site wasn't correctly answered within first 5-10 posts on what I see as a fairly easy question for most that lurk around this site or any other forum that focuses harder on NEC.

cpinetree

The answer would be yes. SQ D and CH both make handle ties listed for three breakers and I would say others do as well, I just haven't had reason to check the others yet.

Roger

Help me find a part number for these handle ties for single pole Square D breakers (QO not homeline) to make them 2 pole or 3 pole for MWBC's.
Just had a job and needed them but couldn't find any part number for them.
Ended up installing regular 2 pole and 3 pole breakers, 2 pole no big deal, 3 poles are costly though :(

Thanks.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Help me find a part number for these handle ties for single pole Square D breakers (QO not homeline) to make them 2 pole or 3 pole for MWBC's.
Ended up installing regular 2 pole and 3 pole breakers, 2 pole no big deal, 3 poles are costly though :(

Thanks.

Look for QO3HT

Roger

kwired

Electron manager

Thanks.

QO1HT - ties two adjacent single pole breakers
QO3HT - ties three adjacent single pole breakers
QOTHT - ties two adjacent handles on two tandem breakers

jumper

I only read a few of the posts also. I might be interested in a live conversation with a few of those chaps, or if they were really trying to learn something they could ask a question here. But what was going on there, I couldn't take it.

Overall they are not a bad bunch and I believe that they do wish to be correct on code matters.

If you noticed one senior member mentioned at least twice that he was waiting for the electricians to chime in.

Theory is very weak there, but that really is not a concern for a HI.

As all forums, they go back and forth and drift in threads.

Some members there will post some pretty wild stuff, but that happens here also.

cpinetree

QO1HT - ties two adjacent single pole breakers
QO3HT - ties three adjacent single pole breakers
QOTHT - ties two adjacent handles on two tandem breakers

Thank you both Roger + Kwired.
You would think my supply house would have been able to find them, I was told they do not make them.
I should know better.
I always tell our guys, "If you can think of it, it is made".

Thanks again!

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Overall they are not a bad bunch and I believe that they do wish to be correct on code matters.

If you noticed one senior member mentioned at least twice that he was waiting for the electricians to chime in.

Theory is very weak there, but that really is not a concern for a HI.

As all forums, they go back and forth and drift in threads.

Some members there will post some pretty wild stuff, but that happens here also.
I would agree they are likely a alright bunch.

I would also agree some wild stuff can get posted here. That's why I pretty much limit myself to this forum. One group of crazies is all I can handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.