Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eiko t8 led typeB

I have a issue with the fact that the lamp sockets are now exposed to 277v. To untrained people this is could be a hazard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierrasparky View Post
    I have a issue with the fact that the lamp sockets are now exposed to 277v. To untrained people this is could be a hazard.
    Good point, I plan on having a meeting with maintenance and custodial staff about this. I have also placed new warning stickers inside each fixture

I wouldn’t use the dual ended lamp. It isn’t the standard and may be discontinued or cost way more in the future.

I would buy a retrofit kit from respected name that would keep the fixtures UL rating. I’d assume they will come with new tombstones for live end of fixture. Be advised tubes are heavier so you want a good tombstone, not to mention one rated for line voltage. You want a solution with paperwork to cover everyone’s rear end. Small extra price to pay IMHO.

Personally I like the 5K color better. Seems a little much at first but is a much cleaner/ brighter look. Lot more POP than 4100 lamps. You want people to see your retrofit and notice a profound difference in lighting quality. On the other hand I hate the 6500 color.

PS, pay attention to angle of dispersion. Also going to have a little dark area near live end of tube that might be a deal breaker for some. Make sure building ownership signs off on sample room.

Thanks Russ.

All my sockets say they are rated for 600v. I can't seem to find anything saying UL doesn't approve of a consent 277 going to the socket. Can someone help me out on this? I would defiantly be replacing any worn or broken socket

Just out of curiosity, what do the new LED lamps go for?

What's the warranty period? All the new fixtures come with a 5 year warranty.
    Published lifetime at P-80?
    CRI?

Thanks,

RC
    It's my name going on that drawing, not yours. If what you want ain't right, it ain't going on the drawings!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what do the new LED lamps go for?

What's the warranty period? All the new fixtures come with a 5 year warranty.
    Published lifetime at P-80?
    CRI?

Thanks,

RC
    7500 lamps @ 6.48 is what I was quoted

2200 lumens
    80 cri
    50,000 hour burn
    5 year material only warranty
    What does p-80 mean?
    Last edited by Mparn; 04-14-18 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mparn View Post
    7500 lamps @ 6.48 is what I was quoted

2200 lumens
    80 cri
    50,000 hour burn
    5 year material only warranty
    What does p-80 mean?

L80,not P-80,my typo. The fixture I spec for new work, at L80, lifetime is 60,000.

Surprised at only 2200 lumens. You will not get that out of the fixture. Did you take fc readings before and after?

What is the wattage, amps? Lumens per watt is important. So is the pf.
    It's my name going on that drawing, not yours. If what you want ain't right, it ain't going on the drawings!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
    L80,not P-80,my typo. The fixture I spec for new work, at L80, lifetime is 60,000.

Surprised at only 2200 lumens. You will not get that out of the fixture. Did you take fc readings before and after?

What is the wattage, amps? Lumens per watt is important. So is the pf.
    They are 17w, 129 lumens per watt. I did a lux reading on some desktops before, 3 bulb t8 I was getting 580-600, 4 bulb t12 rooms I was getting less the 400 (alot were burned out) . I replaced a whole classroom with 2 bulb leds and was getting 505-515 off the desktops, this classroom didnt have windows.

The UL rated kits are really more about proper labels. If anything ever happens insurance companies will look for an out. Why put anyone in that position.

I know UL put out a warning about falsely labeled tubes that caused fires. Think James was manufacture. So there is bogus stuff out there. Another reason to get a rated kit from a name you know.

You will get best performance and life from external driver.

I have no idea of Eiko you said,butI think if the tubes pass the UL & DLC, then you don't have to worry too much. Anyway, UL&DLC are trustworthy authority.
    Also, you don’t need to consider the lifespan of ballast if you choose Type B