Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Eiko t8 led typeB

Quote Originally Posted by gar View Post
    180423-1627 EDT

Mparn:

The probable reason the T12s never flashed was need for greater energy, and possibly less coupling of transient energy.

Thank you for all your help today. Could this lead to bigger problems down the road?

I suggest you look at IEEE 1789-2015 paper.

I suspect your problems have nothing to do with wiring, loads, or shared neutrals. Might prove interesting to see how many others notice this problem. Some are much more sensitive. I am....probably borderline epileptic!

This isn’t an unknown problem and why I advised trusted name. Also mentioned a driver would do better. Problem is most won’t work on 277.

Really hoping problem is some simple/stupid wiring issue. But do be aware some are suggesting there is a health risk. That is not a place you want to be with children involved.

Not trying to worry you. Just saying it might be time to slow down and evaluate things.

Gotcha thanks, I have tried 2 different brands (one being phillips) with the same results. This is a one time flicker on a lamp or few lamps when others are powered on. We've been monitoring the lamps daily for any flickering or strobing. No one seems to find evidence of either.
    Last edited by Mparn; 04-23-18 at 07:08 PM.

180423-1946 EDT

Russs57:

The
    IEEE 1789-2015 has nothing to do with the problem that Mparn was questioning. Mparn described a single shot transient event. IEEE 1789-2015 is concerned with a continuous steady state modulation of light intensity. Should this be of concern? Yes. But it is not what the original post was about.

180423-1958 EDT

Mparn:

If the single shot flicker does not bother anyone, then I would do nothing about it. I doubt that it is a resistive leakage problem.

The IEEE 1789-2015 brings up a much bigger and different concern. LEDs designed to provide some approximation of visible white or other color light generally are a blue or UV LED used to excite a phosphor(s) in the visible spectrum. These phosphors generally have moderate time constants of intensity decay. Thus, a square wave drive of the LED emitter that produces a square wave of blue or UV light may have a much more averaged visible light output. The time constants of the different colors from the LED phosphors may not and probably are not the same. Thus, the percentage of flicker from each color may differ.

For other reasons it would be good to drive LED chips from DC.

Last edited by gar; 04-23-18 at 08:19 PM.