User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Liens and legal issues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadfly56 View Post
    Terminating Central Station services is relatively straight forward, giving notice, etc. The key component is you MUST keep the fire department/fire official in the loop when you do this. I remember a presentation by one former state official who was a bit extreme, claiming you couldn't terminate Central Station without a hand-off to another provider. I asked him in the Q&A if he was going to help us collect on the accounts, and he didn't have much to say.
    Understandable for buildings with public access. Other buildings and especially single family dwellings, yes the phone company would likely still give a notice after some time that states if payment or other arrangements not received by a certain date the service will be interrupted. I don't think they would even need to notify fire dept. maybe not even on public access buildings.

Always hear people saying the POCO can't shut you off during winter months even if you can't make payments. Not true.
    They can and will. Most of them will make arrangements if you just call stating you have a hardship, but you still need to progress on making payments or eventually you still will be shut off.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    Understandable for buildings with public access. Other buildings and especially single family dwellings, yes the phone company would likely still give a notice after some time that states if payment or other arrangements not received by a certain date the service will be interrupted. I don't think they would even need to notify fire dept. maybe not even on public access buildings.

Always hear people saying the POCO can't shut you off during winter months even if you can't make payments. Not true.
    They can and will. Most of them will make arrangements if you just call stating you have a hardship, but you still need to progress on making payments or eventually you still will be shut off.
    Key component right there. Don't just ignore the bill; things won't magically get better. You swallow your pride or freeze in the dark. Your choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldstar View Post
    I've tried the "nice guy" approach. Should I be knocking with a Louisville Slugger or should I just call "Guido" ?

Granted, I'm annoyed at this but I'm not going to let it eat up my intestines (if you know what I mean). I just wanted to post this for any of our subscribers who don't know or aren't aware of the time limitations regarding criminal action and/or when to file liens.
    No Guido... Call Luka Brasi
    Mt. Falls, Va.
    "Not a sermon, just a thought"
    A licensed electrically-related individual