Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
I always considered the riser as the conduit or cable from the meter to the point of attachment on the building. The mast was the conduit- 2"rmc around here, that went thru the roof and supported the service drop. 230.28 seems to support the mast statement.
Both utilities around me call it a riser, and the size is specified based on the size and length of their service drop conductors, but you are correct, the term should be mast.