Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motor Conductors

Quote Originally Posted by SSDriver View Post
    Code requires you to use 75* column for motors over 100 HP assuming the the motors starter/disconnect/vfd/etc is also listed as 75* or above. Most will be rated at 75*. And since it is continuous you have use 125% factor as stated above.
    Code says 100 amps and under you use 60C column unless equipment terminations are rated otherwise. Over 100 amps you use 75C conductors as general rule.

Not aware of anything that states similar rule that is dependent on horsepower.

For past ~30 years most equipment terminations - in particular circuit breakers and motor starters have been rated 75C even if under 100 amps.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    Code says 100 amps and under you use 60C column unless equipment terminations are rated otherwise. Over 100 amps you use 75C conductors as general rule.

Not aware of anything that states similar rule that is dependent on horsepower.

For past ~30 years most equipment terminations - in particular circuit breakers and motor starters have been rated 75C even if under 100 amps.
    lol, brain fart. Yep I meant 100 AMP. The funny part is that I had to read your post twice, thinking "that's what I typed".