Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: Microwave circuit

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    LA basin, CA
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by electrofelon View Post
    A lockout is a few bucks - no "special breaker" required, and then it doesn't have to be within sight.
    Lock-Out-Tag-Out devices are not acceptable, they can be removed, leaving occupants with no means to lock.

    You might put a lock on the fuse box door.

    There is also an exception, referencing 422.34 for Unit switches with an "Off" position. Stop/Reset doesn't count.
    Last edited by ramsy; 04-16-18 at 03:45 PM.
    Roger Ramjet NoFixNoPay

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    25,991
    Quote Originally Posted by electrofelon View Post
    A lockout is a few bucks - no "special breaker" required, and then it doesn't have to be within sight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsy View Post
    Lock-Out-Tag-Out devices are not acceptable, they can be removed, leaving occupants with no means to lock.

    You might put a lock on the fuse box door.
    I believe that Ethan was referring to a 110.25 breaker locking device, not a temporary lock out tag out device.
    Rob

    Moderator

    All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Cherry Valley NY, Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,715
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity View Post
    I believe that Ethan was referring to a 110.25 breaker locking device, not a temporary lock out tag out device.
    Yes something like this right? I believe this is acceptable no?

    https://m.lowes.com/pd/Square-D-Load...-Locks/3459910
    Ethan Brush - East West Electric. NY, WA. MA

    "You can't generalize"

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    25,991
    That would work.
    Rob

    Moderator

    All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    LA basin, CA
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by electrofelon View Post
    Yes something like this right? I believe this is acceptable no?

    https://m.lowes.com/pd/Square-D-Load...-Locks/3459910
    In store pickup is not available for this product. Inspector can red-tag until item is shipped & installed.

    Better to hire those who install the cord & plug disconnect.
    Roger Ramjet NoFixNoPay

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,757
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsy View Post
    Santa Ana, CA senior planner, and Education Chair for Orange Empire Division IAEI, provides the mandatory continuing-education units for several municipal-inspection departments. He is one of the best, and cities send their inspectors from all over the Los Angles basin.

    http://www.iaei.org/web/orangeempire
    As of 4/16/18 the education notes for NEC Art. 422 are still published on home page.

    The monthly meetings are attended by ~50 people, combination inspectors, contractors, Utility, NRTL, & OSHA reps. I've been an attending member for ~10 years.
    Thanks being involved.
    I don't see this on the link you provided.

    Can you post the direct link.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    LA basin, CA
    Posts
    1,833
    No other link. IAEI meetings are open to the public.
    Orange Empire includes a buffet lunch - $25 Non Members
    Roger Ramjet NoFixNoPay

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,757
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsy View Post
    No other link. IAEI meetings are open to the public.
    Orange Empire includes a buffet lunch - $25 Non Members
    You say the info is on the home page.

    As of 4/16/18 the education notes for NEC Art. 422 are still published on home page.

    I don't see it. Where is it , can you provide some more info, a screenshot?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    LA basin, CA
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierrasparky View Post
    I don't see it. Where is it?
    Scroll down for education, its just a topic introduction for most recent month.

    You need to attend for the Full Monty
    Roger Ramjet NoFixNoPay

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,757
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsy View Post
    Scroll down for education, its just a topic introduction for most recent month.

    You need to attend for the Full Monty
    why post something that we cannot see unless a member.
    Geez.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •