Thread: Low voltage NEMA3R transformer

Low voltage NEMA3R transformer

I need a 480:120V, single phase, 1.5kVA transformer in a NEMA3R enclosure with lockable disconnect. So basically it is a 1.5kVA transformer with 2 primary and 1 secondary fuses in a NEMA3R box with a disconnect that can get locked out.

Anyone knows if there is an off-the-shelf solution available?

Thanks,
    "Because it's there!"
    George Mallory

Quote Originally Posted by LMAO View Post
    I need a 480:120V, single phase, 1.5kVA transformer in a NEMA3R enclosure with lockable disconnect. So basically it is a 1.5kVA transformer with 2 primary and 1 secondary fuses in a NEMA3R box with a disconnect that can get locked out.

Anyone knows if there is an off-the-shelf solution available?

Thanks,
    I don't know if they are 3R but such things are sold for control panels. call your local supply house. they are usually referred to as transformer disconnects for some reason.

here is a 500 va version. does not appear to be 3r though.

https://www.grainger.com/product/1H7...180416173958:s
    Bob

You can get it special order from square d for $3500 or so.

Might want to go with fusible disconnect and separate dry transformer. Lot cheaper and quicker to get.

All of the major suppliers have what's called a "Mini-Power Center" (Sq. D's term for it is Mini Power Zone) that is a 3R enclosed transformer that has a primary breaker and a small load center attached to it, and the breakers can have locking accessories added to them. Pre-packaged, ready to go. Smallest is 5kVA though and you have to let go of the fuse issue.

Square D

Eaton

GE

Siemens
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    Many people are shocked when they discover I am not a good electrician...