Thread: Highest-Efficiency Solar Module?

Highest-Efficiency Solar Module?

Out of curiosity, I was wondering what is presently the highest-efficiency solar module that is commercially available? (silicon... standard flat-plate collector type... not including bifacial modules)

The LG360Q1C-A5 modules are 20.8% efficient, which is the best I've seen in recent memory. I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks!

Kind Regards,
    Andy

LG365Q1C-A5. Might be sold out now.

Sunpower

Have you searched SunPower? 23%. They have a 360 module.

I figured someone would bring up Sunpower. I can't find that module on their website, btw.

What's curious is that Sunpower may claim a higher cell efficiency, but when you calculate the nameplate power over the frame size of the panel, it doesn't come that good. And after all, that's all that module efficiency really means: how much power you can put on a given surface area. (It also makes me laugh how Sunpower's advertising all compares their products to 'conventional modules' from ... 2012.)

Quote Originally Posted by jaggedben View Post
    LG365Q1C-A5. Might be sold out now.
    Kind of a side question, but I figured you might know. Do you know why so many manufacturer's modules end with -A3, -A5, -G5, etc. Is this some kind of inventory thing?

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.tkelly View Post
    Kind of a side question, but I figured you might know. Do you know why so many manufacturer's modules end with -A3, -A5, -G5, etc. Is this some kind of inventory thing?

Andy
    It refers to the cell type, which multiple module manufacturer's may be sourcing from the same or similar sources.

deleted - wrong thread