Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safety last?

regardless of if the picture is real or doctored, I have seen in person just as many dangerous and crazy setups like that. And that's not counting anything real I've seen from third world countries where the words safety and OSHA don't even exist enough to be last place concerns.
    Electricians do it until it Hertz!

Quote Originally Posted by drcampbell View Post
    I'm not sure it matters,
    I disagree. I think it matters whether it is truth or fiction.
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

Well they were smart enough to wear fall arrest, safety harnesses, however I would not consider that right by any means. I cannot tell how that center walk board or whatever fell... Looks like it was loaded with concrete or something.

Eta: I see the one guy was using an angle grinder to cut it out, and there was a rope attached to the other end... Not sure what they were trying to accomplish but at the very least there should have been a second rope attached intention to the end they were cutting, so that it wouldn't do exactly what it did... Hit the ground and pivot toward and knock the scaffolding out from the guys
    Electricians do it until it Hertz!

I'm not sure it matters, but the context would be more valuable than trying to analyze the image. Was it originally published on a serious website under a title like "Human Factors and Safety in the Workplace" or a clickbait site under a title such as "24 Construction-Site Epic Fails"?

I'm with J. Fletcher: Not even for the half minute necessary to snap the picture. I'm not a stuntman, and I'm also a big, heavy guy with a rich family history of really bad luck with ladders. On the other hand, don't knock the hardcore painkillers until you've tried 'em. I had Demerol once, in a hospital emergency room, for an eye injury. It was a magnificent experience that yielded a brief departure from reality and some tremendous insight about addiction. It really is as simple as "Tried it. Liked it. Tried it again."
    Using the "Tin Eye" image reverse searching app, this image first appears in a "click bait" website in Georgia (the country, not the state).
    http://intermedia.ge/

If you've never used Tin Eye, its a very useful image searching tool, especially when trying to determine the source of something. So for this, all I did was capture the image URL for THIS site (because he loaded to our site) and Tin Eye found two other sites that had used the exact same image, the oldest being the one in Georgia.
    https://www.tineye.com/
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    Many people are shocked when they discover I am not a good electrician...

At first I just saw the guy straddling the top ladder and thought: I wouldn't do that, but doesn't seem too bad... then I scrolled down. Nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by pmiranda View Post
    At first I just saw the guy straddling the top ladder and thought: I wouldn't do that, but doesn't seem too bad... then I scrolled down. Nuts.
    Kind of makes straddling the ladder look like no biggie doesn't it?
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFine View Post
    Pic speaks for itself:

Attachment 20235
    Crazy...but you have to admit...possesses incredible balance, tenacity and ingenuity...Probably self-employed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale001289 View Post
    Probably self-employed.
    And has exempted himself from workman's comp.