Views: 753
Size:  94.0 KB
    Code references based on 2005 NEC
    Larry B. Fine
    Master Electrician
    Electrical Contractor
    Richmond, VA

I say "fake/photoshopped"
    If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Bill View Post
    Doubtful; I enlarged it and looked ad details. Coloring and brightness are all the same, the vertical ladder really appears to be perched on the horizontal one, and it would take more effort to doctor the image than really set the ladders up this way.

More brains, too.
    Code references based on 2005 NEC
    Larry B. Fine
    Master Electrician
    Electrical Contractor
    Richmond, VA

"220, 221, whatever it takes."

It seems to me that most people are unaware that they make scaffolds and ladders for stairwells. He probably could not have erected a 14 foot A-frame on that Landing. 3 2 x 8 x 16 boards and a piece of plywood would make plenty a strong enough walk board or just use a aluminum one that you can buy from the store) toenailed or heavy duty Shear resistant screwed into the studs would have been a hell of a lot safer. It probably took him as long to figure out and rig that two ladder deathtrap contraption then it would have to build something near Bulletproof yet easily disassembled and moved.

There is thinking outside the box, then there is just plain ignorant engineering. You couldn't pay me enough money to stand on that top ladder. Several tens of thousands of dollars of medical bills and months of years of rehab and pain killers from a broken back is not worth it

there are many places I know of that if anyone saw or caught you doing that you would be fired on the spot
    Last edited by JFletcher; 04-29-18 at 11:53 PM.
    Electricians do it until it Hertz!

Quote Originally Posted by JFletcher View Post
    there are many places I know of that if anyone saw or caught you doing that you would be fired on the spot
    Maybe he is the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Bill View Post
    And I'd agree. Look at where the feet of the vertical ladder are.
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

What he has knee pads on, good to go!
    Zoom on his hands, fake.

Even if not an edited photo - probably staged just to get a reaction.

Why would you put together those lumber pieces to brace that instead of putting them together to make some sort of scaffold out of them?

I have set planks across an opening like that then placed a ladder on them. Still maybe not the smartest thing to do without more securing but at least the vertical ladder can move a little before falling off what it is standing on.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    Even if not an edited photo - probably staged just to get a reaction. ...
    I'm not sure it matters, but the context would be more valuable than trying to analyze the image. Was it originally published on a serious website under a title like "Human Factors and Safety in the Workplace" or a clickbait site under a title such as "24 Construction-Site Epic Fails"?

I'm with J. Fletcher: Not even for the half minute necessary to snap the picture. I'm not a stuntman, and I'm also a big, heavy guy with a rich family history of really bad luck with ladders. On the other hand, don't knock the hardcore painkillers until you've tried 'em. I had Demerol once, in a hospital emergency room, for an eye injury. It was a magnificent experience that yielded a brief departure from reality and some tremendous insight about addiction. It really is as simple as "Tried it. Liked it. Tried it again."

A couple of 2x8's probably would have been a better idea

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk