Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Lowes Porch

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Tampa, FL, USA
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by romex jockey View Post
    We've declared a moratorium on any big box, national maintenance, lead generation, and/or internet based 3rd party anything

    ~RJ~
    Why?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NE Nebraska
    Posts
    38,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Coppersmith View Post
    It's a form of advertising and like most advertising it costs money. Nothing wrong with that. They make money advertising my services. I make money from the calls that come in. I have gotten many good jobs from these services. They certainly could be better at filtering the leads, but I'd rather qualify them myself than not have the phone ring at all.
    We don't all sail the same boat. Closest Lowes or HD to me are both around 100 miles. Those two probably are even less interest for my area.

    I still get most my work from word of mouth or even social media.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    5,920
    Quote Originally Posted by romex jockey View Post
    We've declared a moratorium on any big box, national maintenance, lead generation, and/or internet based 3rd party anything

    ~RJ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Coppersmith View Post
    Why?

    Most of these services are a scam. If they had anything to offer they wouldn't have to constantly call every electrician in the area to try and get them to sign up.

    I think a lot of consumers are leery of these 3 party deals also.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NE Nebraska
    Posts
    38,252
    Quote Originally Posted by growler View Post
    Most of these services are a scam. If they had anything to offer they wouldn't have to constantly call every electrician in the area to try and get them to sign up.

    I think a lot of consumers you want to have as clients are leery of these 3 party deals also.
    FIFY
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •