Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: PVC Duct Bank

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    5,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow View Post

    To answer your question, stubbing up into gear with pvc is extremely common.
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    Thanks thought one would never stub up into gear with PVC.
    The PVC that sticking up through the concrete is not very much ( a connector & fiber bushing). The PVC is enclosed within the gear and not exposed to physical damage other than the pull it's self.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,099
    Quote Originally Posted by don_resqcapt19 View Post
    Even if you are permitted to use a PVC 90, you have to take a look at the pull to see if it will be likely that the pull rope will cut though the PVC at the 90 and result in damaged conductors. If it will be a short easy pull, not an issue, but it is an issue on long difficult pulls.

    Thanks a lot...

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    836
    The title of this post states this is a duct bank......a duct bank would be encased in concrete.

    Is there a spec section about duct banks? A lot of them require long radius elbows...sometimes GRC and sometimes wrapped

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    25,617
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    Because every spec I've read says no PVC within footprint of building...except this one.
    We use PVC with metallic elbows when penetrating the concrete.
    Rob

    Moderator

    All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by petersonra View Post
    if you agreed to use sch 80 where it pops up into the gear.
    isn't schedule 80 smaller internal diameter, you might create an abrasion point in the conduit run mixing schedule 40 and 80. or have to put a huge chamfer on the 80 were it transitions

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •