Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Math: If Train A leaves the station traveling...

NE (9.1 miles @5.07 Degrees from Winged Horses)
    Quote Originally Posted by gar View Post
    `180512-2408 EDT

Where does 46 Hz come from? This is the first I have seen it mentioned. What does it apply to --- both input and output drives, or just one of them?

Why cam't 46 Hz be lower?

How do input and output Hzs relate to input and output feed rates, and the feed rates you need to operate at?

My post #39, the graph, shows a green line indicating the VFD requested HZ. That is for the incoming product. The out going product is via manual speed control of DC motors.

Other equipment must sense the incoming product and it can’t do that at less than 46 HZ of my VFD.

My first design of this system included two speeds for the VFD, as has been suggested,with thoughts that I could get the PLC logic to adjust the lower operational HZ once the DC motors were at speed. The other equipment limits made that plan obsolete.
    Tom
    TBLO

180513-1516 EDT

ptonsparky:

What happens if you change the 3 minute timer to 30 seconds, or even 15 seconds?

NE (9.1 miles @5.07 Degrees from Winged Horses)
    Quote Originally Posted by gar View Post
    180513-1516 EDT

ptonsparky:

What happens if you change the 3 minute timer to 30 seconds, or even 15 seconds?

A chemical is added to the incoming product depending on the load of the leg. (Power meter).
    There is a delay and cycling to often will allow untreated product into the process, or more than what is wanted.
    Tom
    TBLO